    Vista 64 bit, but is working on Vista 32 bits. The Microsoft Office 2005
    doesn’t support LifeCam vx-7000.
    Does anybody know how to fix that problem?

    Ioan, Jul 4, 2008

  2. Before you post things like this, go to the Microsoft
    website and download the Vista x64 drivers, load the
    drivers, and then see if your webcam works.

    There are Vista x64 drivers available for download if you
    just take the time to go get them!!

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 4, 2008

  3. Ioan

    Ioan Guest

    Hi
    Yes I did it. I have download from
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=ICE.
    This camera it is working with another application but it is not working
    with office communicator 2005.
    You must be able to support your stupid software.
    Why for Vista 32 bit it is working?
    I am an MCSE and I know what I am doing.
    You must be shame about yourself.

    Ioan, Jul 4, 2008
  4. Perhaps there are technical reason why Communicator 2005
    won't work on Vista x64. However, since Microsoft has
    replaced that why Communicator 2007 I would think there is a
    much greater possibility of it working on Vista x64. Since
    you assert you are an MCSE, then I would think you should
    have enough experience, knowledge, and education to make a
    more objective observation of the situation and take all the
    appropriate facts into consideration.

    Have you also addressed your problems in an Office forum
    where you might find more people that might be more familiar
    with communicator?

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 4, 2008
  5. Ioan

    Ioan Guest

    Hi Bobby Johnson

    This is not my personal computer problem. This is a big problem for the
    company that I am working for. We have more than 100 computer that are using
    64 bit system. The Office communicator 2005 is working fine. We are using
    Office communicator 2005 for meetings. Last week this company bought a lot
    of this Lifecam VX=7000 . On the box we can see the text: compatible with
    communicator 2005. But it is not. I tested in 5 computer that are using 64
    bit system. It si not working with vista 64 bit.
    Also it si working with vista 32 bit. This is not a good deal for us.
    We are going to return all of them back. But this one is not a solution.
    That’s way I am asking, Did somebody has the same problem, How did he fix it.
    Also, if you read about this cam on the net, the review are not so good.
    Go and read about LifeCam VX-7000. The another people are not happy about it.
    This cam cost 100 $. Yes. It is true is not a lot of money, but when you buy
    a lot of those camera for the company, this is a big impact for this company.

    Ioan, Jul 5, 2008
  6. And I still think your situation would be better posted in
    an Office forum instead of this forum. My guess is there is
    some technical reason associated with Communicator that is
    the problem and if there is a work around you are more
    likely to find the answer in the Office forum because you
    will actually be communicating with people who would be much
    more familiar with Office Communicator.

    One of the things that people are warned about when moving
    to x64, either Server, XP or Vista, is there are some
    programs that just will not work on x64 for a multitude of
    reasons. It's not the fault of Windows x64, it's because
    you have a program that was written well before x64 and just
    is not compatible. Sometimes there just is no way to fix
    the problem.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 5, 2008
  7. As a follow-up I just did some research on the Microsoft web
    site and the fixes for Communicator 2005 do not mention any
    x64 operating systems which would indicate to me it probably
    doesn't work on any x64 system - only 32-bit.

    Bobby Johnson, Jul 5, 2008