Life Balance Coaching: Balance Work And Life Like A Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by 88059355, Jan 6, 2008.

  1. 88059355

    88059355 Guest

    "Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the
    instruments of the wise." --Samuel Lover

    One of the most common complaints of clients who want life balance
    coaching is that their plate is fuller than full. From professional to
    business owner to home maker, having a quality life has become
    increasingly challenging. The demands of modern life often leave some
    people feeling dragged out and inadequate instead of personally
    empowered. Many people know intellectually that they can't give 100%
    to everything, yet still they have unreasonable expectations for
    themselves. As a result something's gotta give, and usually, it is
    their self-care & personal fulfillment.

    Is your development in career, relationships, or other life categories
    suffering because you take on too much? See if this sounds like
    something you might be saying to yourself. "Life just seems to be
    whizzing by me, and I don't really feel as though I'm spending enough
    quality time on the things that matter most to me. I worry a lot that
    I'm going to somehow miss my life and then it will be over."

    Life's demands may not slow up any time soon, and learning life
    balance is an ongoing art. If you think one day you will get it all
    done, and then you can relax, you are bound to be disappointed.

    So then how can we create an alternative to the demands of this fast-
    paced, over-busy society? Women and men alike want to insure that
    those things of greatest importance to them get the amount of
    attention they deserve.

    While there aren't always simple answers to a quality lifestyle in
    which balance reigns, here are some basic life management skills that
    our life balane coaching clients have found extremely helpful:

    Number one: Identify the top four priority categories in your life
    that you want to balance (i.e., spirituality/personal development,
    family/relationship, career, personal care/health) and honestly assess
    how much time you give to each category.

    Often, people have expectations of themselves that are unreasonable
    given the amount of time they actually have to devote to something.
    If, for example, you are giving only 50% of your time to a career, it
    is truly unreasonable to expect yourself to be a superstar in that
    category. But if kids and family are a top priority to you, giving
    only 50% to career is probably the most you could give and still have
    enough time and energy left over.

    Number two: Write things down! Don't use your brain as your day
    planner. Doing so increases stress. Consider making five separate life
    balance "to do" lists. The first four lists correlate with your four
    top priority life categories (from our example above, one for
    spirituality/personal development, one for family/relationships, one
    for career/work and one for personal care/health). Then the fifth list
    would be for general "to do's" that don't fit into those top four
    categories.

    From these lists make sure you schedule the important items in your
    priority categories first, before anything else makes it onto your
    calendar. As a result you won't have to worry whether you're making
    time for priorities. Then you can pick and choose from your general to
    do list which additional activities you may need to, have to or
    (actually want to), fit in. By the way, don't be afraid to use that
    good word "no" to any time-robbers you identify!

    Number three: Practice being in the present moment only. Let's say
    you're always thinking about your endless pile of work at the office
    when you're home with the family. Fact is there is absolutely nothing
    you can do about those things on your desk. Worrying about it takes
    precious time and attention away from your priorities and increases
    your feelings of dissatisfaction about life.

    It takes practice and some mental self-control to keep your attention
    on what's happening in the present moment, but this tip alone will
    bring huge rewards. When you savor the series of life moments one by
    one, you will find you don't feel as though you're missing out.

    Be patient and loving with yourself, whether you apply the above tips
    yourself or integrate them into your life through Life Balance
    Coaching. Always remember, life balance is an ongoing process and it
    will throw you curve balls from time to time. The key to growth and
    personal fulfillment is to remember it is a process rather than an
    event. But with practice, you will find coming back to equilibrium
    gets quicker & easier. As a result, you will enjoy life more and have
    a more consistent experience of happiness.

    http://cncarrental.cn/html/goodspeech/20060924/879.html

    88059355, Jan 6, 2008

  2. 88059355

    Rich Guest

    On Jan 6, 4:43 am, 88059355 <> wrote:
    > "Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the
    > instruments of the wise." --Samuel Lover

    Oh. So now we've got Anglos using 163.com (CHINESE SPAM PORTAL) as
    well?

    Rich, Jan 6, 2008