    Is there any software I can use to either remove the license (probably
    unlikely but worth asking) or to re-encode the Protected WMA file into a
    standard mp3 file?
    Simon Lee, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Simon Lee

    Fakename Guest

    I refuse to buy DRM'd music so I can't say I've tested this, but, if I
    wanted to take control of the music I'd purchased I would get some sort
    of software that records everything coming out of your sound card and
    run it while playing the music files. If done right there should be no
    quality loss.

    Yes, I know this could take a long time. But it's better than being
    locked out of the music you have a legal right to use on your mp3 player.

    /my2cents

    Fakename, Aug 14, 2005

  3. Simon Lee

    bambam Guest

    "Simon Lee" <> wrote in

    > I have some WMA music files that are protected content (have a
    > license). These won't work on my MP3 player as it doesn't play
    > licensed content (like most affordable mp3 players).
    > Is there any software I can use to either remove the license (probably
    > unlikely but worth asking) or to re-encode the Protected WMA file into
    > a standard mp3 file?

    You don't use Google do you? Try it, Google knows everything. :)

    http://www.google.com
    bambam, Aug 15, 2005