Licencing and TS

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by KarlInTheNHS, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. KarlInTheNHS

    KarlInTheNHS Guest

    OK.

    Suppose I have a Terminal Server with 1000 clients
    connecting to it.

    On this I have MS Office installed. Everyone uses this.

    I also have Visio installed. Only one department of 20
    users requires this.

    Now, I can't use Software Settings in a GPO to push this
    application just to those 20 users, because this doesn't
    work under TS - I've tried it; the Add/Remove programs
    applet just tells you it's a no-no.

    Suppose I use NTFS file permissions to only allow those 20
    people access to the executable. I use other GPO settings
    to only let those 20 people see an icon for Visio. A user
    not meant to use Visio would have to hack to access it.
    Do I now need 20 or 1000 Visio licences?

    KarlInTheNHS, Nov 21, 2003

  2. KarlInTheNHS

    Herb Martin Guest

    > Now, I can't use Software Settings in a GPO to push this
    > application just to those 20 users, because this doesn't
    > work under TS - I've tried it; the Add/Remove programs
    > applet just tells you it's a no-no.

    Sure you can -- use permissions.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 21, 2003

  3. KarlInTheNHS

    Brian Guest

    "KarlInTheNHS" <> wrote
    > Do I now need 20 or 1000 Visio licences?

    I just went through this with MS the other day. You need a license for each
    user who could connect to the machine. Ergo, you need 1000 licenses.

    Brian, Nov 21, 2003
  4. KarlInTheNHS

    Guest Guest

    the problem in ur GPO creater n new GPO and like to that
    to ur domain

    Guest, Nov 21, 2003