    also see it without putting it in two places which I have now. Now each
    time I open a folder I'm seeing the same dated picture folder twice. I
    guess I have screwed up so what next?
    Daves Spam, Dec 25, 2009

  2. The Libraries folders are only symbolic links set up by Win 7. The best
    thing is to just forget about it an live with it. My experience is that
    although you see the same objects in the folders directly under
    Libraries, I am not able to save directly to those, but have to go down
    one layer; ie, I can't save to Libraries\Document but must go to
    Libraries\Documents\My Documents

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 25, 2009

  3. I'm actually starting to use libraries to collect into one place several
    different locations that all store similar stuff. Primarily because I'm so
    networked here, I often have multiple locations with a slightly different
    subset of the music, documents, pictures, etc. Libraries help with that,
    though it's certainly not a requirement.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 26, 2009
  4. Daves Spam

    Daves Spam Guest

    I started all over and deleted everything out of my pictures/music/videos
    and then took and put them just in the folders under my name and after a
    while they appeared in the library folders too but this way they were really
    only in one place so all I had was say under john doe/pictures/ 2/27/07/
    pic.jpg, pic2.jpg those 2 pictures only showed up once instead of it being
    pictures/ 2/27/07' pictures/ 2/27/07 twice for each file. Thanks guys for
    putting me on the right track.

    Daves Spam, Dec 26, 2009