Liberty - google groups problem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Me, Jun 16, 2011.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    On 16/06/2011 10:36 a.m., liberty wrote:
    <x-posted to NZ comp>
    > Again my posts are tracking fine.

    No they're not. This is what you're doing, and how it's coming across
    on NNTP compatible newsreaders and feeds from both of the news servers
    I've looked at:
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2s69hyc.gif
    That is a threaded view, alphabetically sorted by subject title.
    The squiggle to the left shows that there are other posts in that thread.
    So each time you're replying to a post in any thread (it's not just
    happening in this one) you're breaking the existing thread and starting
    a new one. You seem to be the only poster using google groups who is
    doing this. It is very annoying. Not "worrying" - but pretty lame, and
    a nuisance.

    > I see Work hard has no problems.
    > So it a bit pointless for me to complain to google
    > When it works.
    > Now if you want to use some hybrid news ready that’s fine.
    > But don’t bitch and blame over products.

    Well, it doesn't "work" - you've got a problem.
    Work Hard is a serial class clown, so using him for a crutch to bolster
    your lameness doesn't wash.
    The reason that others haven't complained to you about it is possibly
    that they (using proper news clients / NNTP servers) have kill-filed
    you, either because quite a few people seem to kill-file all google
    groups posts because of google's past haplessness at controlling spam
    posts, but possibly they've killfiled you in particular because of your
    constant nearly incomprehensible drivel - as above.
    Me, Jun 16, 2011

  2. Me

    Squiggle Guest

    On Jun 16, 11:03 am, Me <> wrote:
    > On 16/06/2011 10:36 a.m., liberty wrote:
    > <x-posted to NZ comp>> Again  my posts  are tracking fine.
    >
    > No they're not.  This is what you're doing, and how it's coming across
    > on NNTP compatible newsreaders and feeds from both of the news servers
    > I've looked at:http://i51.tinypic.com/2s69hyc.gif
    > That is a threaded view, alphabetically sorted by subject title.
    > The squiggle to the left shows that there are other posts in that thread.
    > So each time you're replying to a post in any thread (it's not just
    > happening in this one) you're breaking the existing thread and starting
    > a new one.  You seem to be the only poster using google groups who is
    > doing this.  It is very annoying.  Not "worrying" - but pretty lame, and
    > a nuisance.
    >
    > > I see   Work hard  has no problems.
    > > So it a bit pointless  for me to complain to google
    > > When it  works.
    > > Now if you want to use some hybrid  news ready  that s fine.
    > > But don t bitch  and blame  over products.

    > Well, it doesn't "work" - you've got a problem.
    > Work Hard is a serial class clown, so using him for a crutch to bolster
    > your lameness doesn't wash.
    > The reason that others haven't complained to you about it is possibly
    > that they (using proper news clients / NNTP servers) have kill-filed
    > you, either because quite a few people seem to kill-file all google
    > groups posts because of google's past haplessness at controlling spam
    > posts, but possibly they've killfiled you in particular because of your
    > constant nearly incomprehensible drivel - as above.

    Liberties posts don't have references headers, and also don't have any
    headers IDing what browser he is using, unlike all the other posters
    using google groups. Thunderbird appears to do threading off those,
    as opposed to off the <in-reply-to> header that i guess OE is using if
    that is threading OK.
    Squiggle, Jun 16, 2011

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    On 16/06/2011 12:14 p.m., Squiggle wrote:
    > On Jun 16, 11:03 am, Me<> wrote:
    >> On 16/06/2011 10:36 a.m., liberty wrote:
    >> <x-posted to NZ comp>> Again my posts are tracking fine.
    >>
    >> No they're not. This is what you're doing, and how it's coming across
    >> on NNTP compatible newsreaders and feeds from both of the news servers
    >> I've looked at:http://i51.tinypic.com/2s69hyc.gif
    >> That is a threaded view, alphabetically sorted by subject title.
    >> The squiggle to the left shows that there are other posts in that thread.
    >> So each time you're replying to a post in any thread (it's not just
    >> happening in this one) you're breaking the existing thread and starting
    >> a new one. You seem to be the only poster using google groups who is
    >> doing this. It is very annoying. Not "worrying" - but pretty lame, and
    >> a nuisance.
    >>
    >>> I see Work hard has no problems.
    >>> So it a bit pointless for me to complain to google
    >>> When it works.
    >>> Now if you want to use some hybrid news ready that s fine.
    >>> But don t bitch and blame over products.

    >> Well, it doesn't "work" - you've got a problem.
    >> Work Hard is a serial class clown, so using him for a crutch to bolster
    >> your lameness doesn't wash.
    >> The reason that others haven't complained to you about it is possibly
    >> that they (using proper news clients / NNTP servers) have kill-filed
    >> you, either because quite a few people seem to kill-file all google
    >> groups posts because of google's past haplessness at controlling spam
    >> posts, but possibly they've killfiled you in particular because of your
    >> constant nearly incomprehensible drivel - as above.

    > Liberties posts don't have references headers, and also don't have any
    > headers IDing what browser he is using, unlike all the other posters
    > using google groups. Thunderbird appears to do threading off those,
    > as opposed to off the<in-reply-to> header that i guess OE is using if
    > that is threading OK.

    I see some of his test posts in nz.test via google groups seem to have
    been about trying to get X-No-Archive working properly. So, hopefully he
    can trace it back and undo changes made.
    It's not just Thunderbird. WonkHard seems to think his OE is okay, but
    OE is a pretty lame excuse for a newsreader.
    Me, Jun 16, 2011
  4. Me

    Me Guest

    On 16/06/2011 12:14 p.m., Squiggle wrote:
    > On Jun 16, 11:03 am, Me<> wrote:
    >> On 16/06/2011 10:36 a.m., liberty wrote:
    >> <x-posted to NZ comp>> Again my posts are tracking fine.
    >>
    >> No they're not. This is what you're doing, and how it's coming across
    >> on NNTP compatible newsreaders and feeds from both of the news servers
    >> I've looked at:http://i51.tinypic.com/2s69hyc.gif
    >> That is a threaded view, alphabetically sorted by subject title.
    >> The squiggle to the left shows that there are other posts in that thread.
    >> So each time you're replying to a post in any thread (it's not just
    >> happening in this one) you're breaking the existing thread and starting
    >> a new one. You seem to be the only poster using google groups who is
    >> doing this. It is very annoying. Not "worrying" - but pretty lame, and
    >> a nuisance.
    >>
    >>> I see Work hard has no problems.
    >>> So it a bit pointless for me to complain to google
    >>> When it works.
    >>> Now if you want to use some hybrid news ready that s fine.
    >>> But don t bitch and blame over products.

    >> Well, it doesn't "work" - you've got a problem.
    >> Work Hard is a serial class clown, so using him for a crutch to bolster
    >> your lameness doesn't wash.
    >> The reason that others haven't complained to you about it is possibly
    >> that they (using proper news clients / NNTP servers) have kill-filed
    >> you, either because quite a few people seem to kill-file all google
    >> groups posts because of google's past haplessness at controlling spam
    >> posts, but possibly they've killfiled you in particular because of your
    >> constant nearly incomprehensible drivel - as above.

    > Liberties posts don't have references headers, and also don't have any
    > headers IDing what browser he is using, unlike all the other posters
    > using google groups. Thunderbird appears to do threading off those,
    > as opposed to off the<in-reply-to> header that i guess OE is using if
    > that is threading OK.

    I suspect it may be as simple as this in his header.
    If it doesn't stop, I'll contact google, and let them know that there's
    a problem with "new" gg causing orphan threads in RFC 1036 compliant
    newsreaders. My websites generate a few million hits a year for google
    owned sites, so perhaps they'll at least read it, but based on other
    comments about their response to other reported problems with google
    groups, I'm probably being more than mildly optimistic.
    The local problem would be solved if at least "liberty" would
    acknowledge the problem, instead of denial bolstered by comments by sad
    losers like wank-hard.
    Me, Jun 17, 2011
  5. Me

    Squiggle Guest

    On Jun 17, 7:09 pm, Me <> wrote:
    >  >
    > I suspect it may be as simple as this in his header.

    Its not supposed to be, its an email address, as it should be, I think
    you are confusing it with Followup-to.
    If you ask liberty nicely, maybe he'll go back to the old GG interface
    and this problem will stop. Other than that you can just killfile him
    or wait till google fixes the problem, which has been known about for
    at least 3 months according to a web forum I stumbled across the other
    night.
    And quit crossposting.
    Squiggle, Jun 17, 2011
  6. Me

    Msgr Scooter Guest

    On , , Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:43:59 +1200, Re: Liberty - google groups problem,
    "WorkHard" <> wrote:

    >Me wrote:
    >>>
    >>> No he's NOT! His posts are threaded in Outlook Express through
    >>> GigaNews for me. No problems whatsoever.
    >>>
    >>> Pooh also said liberty's posts were ok for him, too.

    >>> No. YOU have, kuntface.

    >>> Go **** yourself you obnoxious scumbag.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is you. Or your newsreader.

    >>> There you go then. It works for those us who do.
    >>>
    >>> That means we have 'nothing to complain about', which is the
    >>> option you conveniently left out, moron.

    >>> You're the only one dribbling here. So hateful you are, too. A
    >>> more thoroughly unleasant fuckwit would be hard to find.
    >>>

    >> Good to see you maintaining loyalty to your bum-buddy.

    >I don't have one of those, cretin.

    Nobody would want to be your friend is more accurate, the only bums you can get
    is the ones you pay for or overpower, and I don't mean with your personality.

    >> OE isn't a proper newsreader.

    >But it gives me no issues... not like you with yours, fuckwit.
    >
    >> Go **** yourself - arsehole.

    >I see you're already well and truly fucked. Good job.

    So you will then.

    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.
    Msgr Scooter, Jun 17, 2011
  7. Me

    Me Guest

    On 17/06/2011 7:18 p.m., Squiggle wrote:
    > On Jun 17, 7:09 pm, Me<> wrote:
    >> >

    >> I suspect it may be as simple as this in his header.

    > Its not supposed to be, its an email address, as it should be, I think
    > you are confusing it with Followup-to.

    Indeed I was, but that still isn't the problem anyway.
    > If you ask liberty nicely, maybe he'll go back to the old GG interface
    > and this problem will stop.

    I did.
    > Other than that you can just killfile him

    I have. I see he's been playing with agent and NNTP servers in nz.test
    (capitalised L in his nick - so I can see it). I hope he ditches Google
    groups.
    > or wait till google fixes the problem, which has been known about for
    > at least 3 months according to a web forum I stumbled across the other
    > night.

    I don't expect google to do anything about it any time soon.
    > And quit crossposting.

    No. An x-post to nz.comp from nz.general was/is quite reasonable.
    (follow-up reset)
    Me, Jun 20, 2011