    locally available in India.

    Thanks,

    Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Probably not.This battery looks very long, too long to fit into a cell
    phone, and has a cable with a plugh, which was *never* a way to connect
    batteries to cell phones.Isn't it possible to order the OEM one for your
    device?

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Siddhartha Jain

    PeteS Guest

    The battery is specified as two Li+ (actually probably Li-Polymer from
    that set of dimensions) 720mAH batteries. They are wired in series
    (nominal Li+ terminal voltage is 3.7V).

    You might want to use that as a guide to see if anyone carries such a
    device near you.

    Cheers

    PeteS

    PeteS, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Dear Siddharta,

    Siddhartha Jain wrote:
    > I have one of these Vosonic VP300 Mp3-cum-card reader HDD based device.
    > It uses a very slim 7.2v Li-Ion battery.
    > http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1765.htm

    As Pete already pointed out, these are LiPoly accus.
    Since model airplane pilots like these accu cells, it would be
    easiest to find a store or online shop which carries this
    kind of stuff.
    You will get single cells, so you need 2.
    These are sometimes labeled as "Kokams". Bring your old pack
    to check the dimensions.

    HTH
    Wolfgang

    --
    From-address is Spam trap
    Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

    Wolfgang Mahringer, Apr 12, 2005
  5. Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:
    > Probably not.This battery looks very long, too long to fit into a

    cell
    > phone, and has a cable with a plugh, which was *never* a way to

    connect
    > batteries to cell phones.Isn't it possible to order the OEM one for

    your
    > device?

    I will have to get them from Australia. One battery costs US$27, which
    is ok, but the shipping is $24!! So thats my last option.

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Apr 12, 2005
  6. Siddhartha Jain

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Siddhartha Jain wrote:
    > Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:
    >
    >>Probably not.This battery looks very long, too long to fit into a

    > cell
    >
    >>phone, and has a cable with a plugh, which was *never* a way to

    > connect
    >
    >>batteries to cell phones.Isn't it possible to order the OEM one for

    > your
    >
    >>device?
    >>

    > I will have to get them from Australia. One battery costs US$27, which
    > is ok, but the shipping is $24!! So thats my last option.
    >
    > - Siddhartha

    It might reduce your per unit cost if you order more than one, which
    probably won't increase the shipping cost.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 12, 2005