    battery users who have had their cameras at least a couple years give me
    feedback on how your battery life holds up?

    Thanks, F

    Fuzzfactor, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Fuzzfactor

    EdO Guest

    I have had the Olympus LiPO grip/battery for the E10 for about two years
    and although I have not run that many charge cycles it seem to have as
    good a capacity now as new and holds the charge over a long period of time.

    My understanding of the Lithium Ion Polymer batteries is that they work
    very well over their life but they do have a finite shelf life in an
    unused state. I do not know the maximum shelf life but that after two
    to three years the usable capacity is down by at least 30%. So the
    moral of this story is if you use LiPO be sure the battery is of recent
    manufacture when you put it into service to get the maximum life from it.

    EdO

    EdO, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Fuzzfactor

    Guest Guest

    I remember reading somewhere that after the FIRST charging cycle the battery
    shouldn't be left uncharged for long time, or it quickly degrades. It makes
    sense as they are manufactured in inhibited state (for long shelf life), and
    after charging the chemical protection is destroyed. Also the new ones don't
    reach full capacity until the 5-10 charging/discharging cycles. Overall, if
    I were asked to point a single drawback of my Canon S50 - it would be using
    LiPO's, it would be SO MUCH better using NiMH AA's (otherwise the camera is
    a wonder).

    http://www.quakemap.com

    Guest, Nov 22, 2003