    Is a new driver going to be written in the future? This monitor was quite
    pricey and I would hate to have invested in something that is not going to be
    supported in the future.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhb2t5IFRhcmFtYW4=?=, Jul 12, 2005

  2. You are definitely getting the run around for sure, its LG's hardware, they
    should be the ones writing drivers for hardware as specific as that type of
    monitor model. Microsoft only writes are set of generic drivers that come
    bundled with XP that most monitors use.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2hhb2t5IFRhcmFtYW4=?=

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Shaoky,

    Unfortunately, LG gave you incorrect information. LG is responsible for
    writting a 64 bit driver for their product. Microsoft may have a generic
    driver that may work but may not take full advantage of the LG monitor.

    Contact LG again and ask them when THEY are going to have a 64 bit driver
    ready for THEIR product.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jul 12, 2005
  4. What model monitor did you get? Normally, you should not need a driver for
    your monitor. The EDID information should be enough, provided your video card
    drivers are working properly, and your monitor reports correct EDID info.
    Monitor drivers are just .inf files anyways, there is no binary files, so it
    should be trivial to get it to the correct resolution on x64 windows. Now
    some monitors may have software to manage monitor settings other than
    resolution, but it's not needed for normal operation.

    =?Utf-8?B?emFjaw==?=, Jul 13, 2005
  5. And, you're sure that the VIDEO CARD that the monitor is connected to
    supports the higher resolution (1920 x 1200) as well?

    Brendan Green, Jul 18, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U2hhb2t5IFRhcmFtYW4=?=

    staraman Guest

    The reason it did not work is because the 1920 resolution is only
    available via an analog D-sub cable. This is not specified anywhere in
    the manual or documentation that came with the monitor.

    Originally I was trying to use the DVI cable... and it never worked.
    Needless to say even though LG made a case file for me and I was told I
    would be called back, but I never was.

    Be careful what you buy - tech. support keeps getting worse and now the
    companies what you to pay for the terrible tech. support as well!

    Shaoky Taraman

    --
    staraman
    staraman's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1946