  1. Alexis Felix

    Alexis Felix Guest

    In good working order...make me your best offer!

    Alexis Felix, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Alexis Felix

    me Guest

    Re: 4 GB or 6GB hard drives

    "Alexis Felix" <> wrote in message
    news:pJnud.46776$...
    > In good working order...make me your best offer!

    50p

    me, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Alexis Felix

    Plato Guest

    Re: 4 GB or 6GB hard drives

    me wrote:

    > > In good working order...make me your best offer!

    > 50p

    Your "penny" says 1 cent. So why isn't your 50 thing 50 cents instead of
    pence :)

    Plato, Dec 11, 2004
  4. Alexis Felix

    Plato Guest

    Re: 4 GB or 6GB hard drives

    me wrote:

    > 50p

    Actually they are worth about $125 to me. My partner or I cant keep them
    around for long. What happens is for example Joe Customer who bought his
    p233/32meg/win95b for $2,500 dollars 8 years ago hard drive crashes. New
    hard drives will work in such a box without a controller card and its
    not worth the cost of a new drive/card plus the labor to install/reload
    windows/reload/find drivers. Joe Customer says he doenst want to spend
    for a new box nor spend over $100 or to fix it.

    So, for $125 I tell Joe Customer I'll fix it, parts included. Heck, I
    didn't pay for the old drives anyway and even if I have to put in a $10
    sound card or even a $10 modem and sound card if drivers are not found
    for his old parts its still worth it. IT's actually one of my favourite
    things to do. Customer also gets a new cpu fan if needed, a new case fan
    in needed, and all the dust blown out. Heck, if the power supply fan
    aint working I'll put in a used PS also. It's quite refreshing
    rebuilding a win95b pc.

    Plato, Dec 11, 2004