    __
    Deet.

    , May 3, 2007

  2. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My old Lexmark 2030 Inkjet color printer finally expired, and I was
    > wondering if the Lexmark Z645m printer would be a good replacement.
    > I use my printer mainly for clip-art work or downloading pdf
    > instructional material . The price is certainly right---but I wonder
    > about the performance.
    >
    > Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    > __
    > Deet.

    Deet

    Looks like a budget model which usually means the ink is very expensive per
    ml (not unusual for Lexmark)

    This website

    http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.as...ing cost calculator&contenttype=calculatorhas an interesting calculator that helps compare the running cost of variousmake/models.For example it shows a Canon iP1600 is 50% dearer to buy than a Lexmark Z735but at the rate of 10 text, 10 graphics & 10 photo's per week you wouldrecoup this cost in only 5 weeks. There after obviously the Canon would becheaper to run.(and from my experience produce a better result)Even going to extreme's and comparing the Lexmark Z735 again with the CanonMP810 which is 10 times the purchase price, the calculator shows you wouldrecoup the extra cost of the Canon after 41 weeks.Obviously after recouping the purchase price the Canon would be considerablycheaper to run than the Lexmark.Interestingly comparing the Z735 with HP F80 multifunction 'cheapie' theLexmark actually works out cheaper to run. Which only goes to show thecheaper the printer the more expensive it is to run.bestPaul.

    PeeCee, May 4, 2007

  3. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My old Lexmark 2030 Inkjet color printer finally expired, and I was
    > wondering if the Lexmark Z645m printer would be a good replacement.
    > I use my printer mainly for clip-art work or downloading pdf
    > instructional material . The price is certainly right---but I wonder
    > about the performance.
    >
    > Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    > __
    > Deet.

    Deet

    Don't know what happened there so I'll try reposting.

    PeeCee, May 4, 2007
  4. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > My old Lexmark 2030 Inkjet color printer finally expired, and I was
    > wondering if the Lexmark Z645m printer would be a good replacement.
    > I use my printer mainly for clip-art work or downloading pdf
    > instructional material . The price is certainly right---but I wonder
    > about the performance.
    >
    > Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    > __
    > Deet.

    Deet

    No idea why the spacing and line returns disappeared from my two earlier
    posts, so I'll just post the url and leave you to play.

    This website

    Best
    Paul.

    http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.as...unning cost calculator&contenttype=calculator

    PeeCee, May 4, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Fri, 4 May 2007 20:07:14 +1200, "PeeCee" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> My old Lexmark 2030 Inkjet color printer finally expired, and I was
    >> wondering if the Lexmark Z645m printer would be a good replacement.
    >> I use my printer mainly for clip-art work or downloading pdf
    >> instructional material . The price is certainly right---but I wonder
    >> about the performance.
    >>
    >> Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> __
    >> Deet.

    >Deet
    >
    >Looks like a budget model which usually means the ink is very expensive per
    >ml (not unusual for Lexmark)
    >
    >This website
    >
    > http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.as...ing cost calculator&contenttype=calculatorhas an interesting calculator that helps compare the running cost of variousmake/models.For example it shows a Canon iP1600 is 50% dearer to buy than a Lexmark Z735but at the rate of 10 text, 10 graphics & 10 photo's per week you wouldrecoup this cost in only 5 weeks. There after obviously the Canon would becheaper to run.(and from my experience produce a better result)Even going to extreme's and comparing the Lexmark Z735 again with the CanonMP810 which is 10 times the purchase price, the calculator shows you wouldrecoup the extra cost of the Canon after 41 weeks.Obviously after recouping the purchase price the Canon would be considerablycheaper to run than the Lexmark.Interestingly comparing the Z735 with HP F80 multifunction 'cheapie' theLexmark actually works out cheaper to run. Which
    >only goes to show thecheaper the printer the more expensive it is to run.bestPaul.

    It is real bufget printer--in fact costs less than new ink
    cartridges would cost. I use the refill kits which cut the running
    costs to a fraction .. That is one reason why these real cheapos
    aren't being manufactured anymore. Lexmark assumed users would
    always buy their expensive cartridges, and never go the refill route..
    I used refill kits for over eight years and they worked out fine.

    I am basically wondering what the life expectancy of the X645M is, and
    if its print product is ok. I.m going to check out the url you
    provided.

    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.

    __
    deet

    , May 4, 2007