    When I print a B & W word doc, the printer feeds the paper and goes
    through the motions of printing but the page comes out blank.

    Any ideas?

    queenie, Apr 18, 2006

  2. "queenie" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just installed a Lexmark Z42 printer, using the latest drivers
    > from Lexmark for Windows XP.
    > http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-pe...:289:0:0&searchLang=en&os_group=WinXP&target=
    >
    > Even so, my printer will not recognize my black cartridge and only
    > prints in color. I have recently replaced my black cartridge so it is
    > new and working. I have read various posts about XP compatibility
    > problems with this printer. I thought downloading the latest drivers
    > would do the trick but it still doesn't work.
    >
    > When I print a B & W word doc, the printer feeds the paper and goes
    > through the motions of printing but the page comes out blank.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Hai.
    I've owned a Lexmark by myself.
    And when I replaced my black cartridge and put the new one in,he wasn't
    there.
    But this is the solution for this litle problem.
    You have to open the programm of Lexmark en you will see a picture with two
    cartridge's.
    You even can change's the type of cartridge.
    There's a pull-munu under each cartridge,you schroll down till you find:
    Yes,this is a new cartridge.
    If you also got the right colour i.e. Black(17),klick yes and everything
    must after a restart be fine
    janus>

    De Zundappmuts, Apr 25, 2006