Lexmark X6150 under Windows XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXMuVw==?=, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. Hello I cant get my Multifunction Printer to run under Windows x64, in case
    anyone knows a solution thanks for letting me know.
    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXMuVw==?=, Jul 11, 2005

  2. In general, chose a printer driver that most closely matches your model. For
    black and white laserjet printers, this will be a printer that supports
    PCL5,
    and/or Postscript. For colour, you'll need a PCL6 driver. Choose the closest
    matching Lexmark printer and you'll at least be able to print. Probably not
    scanning, however. I always recommend adding or buying Postscript
    capability
    for any printer, since it makes your printer able to work from a wide
    variety
    of operating systems.

    --
    Charlie.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005

  3. You might want to add a link to my blog on printers to that capture of my
    answer, Andre.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/18/54021.aspx

    I go into more depth there than I can here.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 11, 2005
  4. How could I forget about that Charlie, thanks for adding it, really, useful.
    :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005