    reloaded the software and followed the suggestions on Lexmark's web
    page but to no avail. This is getting very frustrating. The O/S is
    WinXp Pro with SP1.
    Befuddled person, Nov 6, 2004

  2. Befuddled person

    Kenny Guest

    Pull the power plug on the printer and let it sit for a minute. This clears
    the printer memory, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Befuddled person

    Roy Jones Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:13:17 GMT, Befuddled person wrote:

    > I have a Lexmark 2250 all-in-one printer. Occassionally (far too
    > occassionally) it will stop printing and I cannot delete 'stuck' jobs
    > from the print queue. My only recourse is to reboot the PC. I have
    > reloaded the software and followed the suggestions on Lexmark's web
    > page but to no avail. This is getting very frustrating. The O/S is
    > WinXp Pro with SP1.

    I'm assuming the device is USB...
    Some all-in-one printers can pull more current than the mainboard USB
    header is able to provide. The hang problem could be caused by a current
    peak that exceeds your system's limit.

    Check the properties of the root hub that supports the printer. On the
    "Power" tab you'll see the current limit for the root hub and the total
    current requirements of all the devices attached to the hub. If the total
    is higher than the rated max, that's probably what's causing your problem.

    A simple solution is to install a powered USB hub and shift some of the
    devices to the add-on hub.

    Roy
    Roy Jones, Nov 6, 2004
  4. I tried that and it doesn't work. Thanks for your suggestion.

    Befuddled person, Nov 8, 2004
  5. On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:13:56 GMT, Roy Jones <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:13:17 GMT, Befuddled person wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Lexmark 2250 all-in-one printer. Occassionally (far too
    >> occassionally) it will stop printing and I cannot delete 'stuck' jobs
    >> from the print queue. My only recourse is to reboot the PC. I have
    >> reloaded the software and followed the suggestions on Lexmark's web
    >> page but to no avail. This is getting very frustrating. The O/S is
    >> WinXp Pro with SP1.

    >I'm assuming the device is USB...
    >Some all-in-one printers can pull more current than the mainboard USB
    >header is able to provide. The hang problem could be caused by a current
    >peak that exceeds your system's limit.
    >
    >Check the properties of the root hub that supports the printer. On the
    >"Power" tab you'll see the current limit for the root hub and the total
    >current requirements of all the devices attached to the hub. If the total
    >is higher than the rated max, that's probably what's causing your problem.
    >
    >A simple solution is to install a powered USB hub and shift some of the
    >devices to the add-on hub.
    >
    >Roy

    Yes it is USB. Your suggestion is one I would never have thought of.
    I'll give it a go and let you know the results. BTW the PC is a
    Gateway 933 and I have noticed that since I installed the printer the
    PC seems to running a bit slower.
    Befuddled person, Nov 8, 2004
  6. On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:13:56 GMT, Roy Jones <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 18:13:17 GMT, Befuddled person wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Lexmark 2250 all-in-one printer. Occassionally (far too
    >> occassionally) it will stop printing and I cannot delete 'stuck' jobs
    >> from the print queue. My only recourse is to reboot the PC. I have
    >> reloaded the software and followed the suggestions on Lexmark's web
    >> page but to no avail. This is getting very frustrating. The O/S is
    >> WinXp Pro with SP1.

    >I'm assuming the device is USB...
    >Some all-in-one printers can pull more current than the mainboard USB
    >header is able to provide. The hang problem could be caused by a current
    >peak that exceeds your system's limit.
    >
    >Check the properties of the root hub that supports the printer. On the
    >"Power" tab you'll see the current limit for the root hub and the total
    >current requirements of all the devices attached to the hub. If the total
    >is higher than the rated max, that's probably what's causing your problem.
    >
    >A simple solution is to install a powered USB hub and shift some of the
    >devices to the add-on hub.
    >
    >Roy

    The hub power is okay. We've decided to junk this printer and get
    maybe a good Epson.
    Befuddled person, Nov 9, 2004