  1. i cannot download the driver for this printer as it takes two and a half
    hours to download and i only get two hours on before it shuts down can you
    help
    joseph.phillips4, Mar 22, 2005

  2. joseph.phillips4

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:07:11 +0000 (UTC), "joseph.phillips4"
    <> wrote:

    >i cannot download the driver for this printer as it takes two and a half
    >hours to download and i only get two hours on before it shuts down can you
    >help

    http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/contact.cgi?ccs=227:5:0:349:0:0*emeaframe=

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Mar 22, 2005

  3. joseph.phillips4

    BIG NIGE Guest

    Get a download managing program that will support resume

    BIG NIGE, Mar 22, 2005
  4. joseph.phillips4

    Dave Lear Guest

    "joseph.phillips4" wrote in message news:d1pqct$kbs$

    > i cannot download the driver for this printer as it takes two and a
    > half hours to download and i only get two hours on before it shuts
    > down can you help

    Well, the WinXP version of the drivers is 23567KB...
    http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=227:5:0:358:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=566

    On a 56Kbps dial-up you'd normally get around 4KB per second

    23567KB / 4KB per second = 5892 seconds

    5892 seconds / 60 = 98 minutes

    So, providing your connection doesn't drop, you should be able to get this
    in an hour and forty minutes.

    Alternatively, ask a chum with broadband to download it for you and burn it
    to CD.

    What happened to the install CD that came with the printer?
    Dave Lear, Mar 22, 2005
  5. joseph.phillips4

    Evan Platt Guest

    <> wrote:

    >i cannot download the driver for this printer as it takes two and a half
    >hours to download and i only get two hours on before it shuts down can you
    >help

    Are you using 1200 baud or something?
    Evan Platt, Mar 22, 2005