Lexmark 1150 photocopy problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Whenever I use the black-and-white photocopy function on my Lexmark X1150,
    the resulting printout has alternate bands of black and white areas, of
    about 10 mm in length each. This happens for the entire A4 size of paper.

    The troubleshooter says: "If your All-In-One pauses frequently (every two or
    three lines) during a print job, and prints pages with alternating bands of
    light and dark print, it is printing data faster than the computer can send it.
    Banded printing occurs when the All-In-One pauses frequently. You may need to
    change your All-In-One software settings, or the problem may be that your
    All-In-One and your computer may not be able to communicate properly."

    I have Windows 2000 Pro (SP4) and the printer is attached via a USB cable.
    I have a PIII CPU @ 667 mhz and I find it hard to believe that the data is
    printing faster than my PC can send it. The printer prints perfectly in all
    other modes -- the bands only appear when using the photocopy button on the
    printer top.

    The problem can be temporarily fixed by selecting a higher print quality
    setting, but this involves going into the All-In-One settings and changing
    a value that doesn't even get "remembered", and thus it's a hassle to do
    when all I want to do is press the photocopy button for a copy. So does
    anyone know of a way to permanently fix this issue? If not, all I can
    say is: DON'T buy this printer for the photocopy aspects, as the copies
    are flawed and very inconvenient to use -- for me at least. :(

    Fred, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Fred

    Pemo Guest

    My Lexmark X1150 works perfectly well on b/w photocopy function (and all
    other functions).

    Running it on Athlon 2GHz, 256MB 2700 DDR RAM, 40GB HDD

    Pemo

    --
    ,-._|\
    / Oz \ Melbourne