    with their media. Can anyone comment? I can get a 256MB MS Pro for pretty
    cheap...

    thanks in advance

    Matt, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Matt

    be_pissed Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > What's the general thought on Lexar media? I'm looking for a new memory
    > stick pro, and I'm pretty faithful to Sandisk, having positive experiences
    > with their media. Can anyone comment? I can get a 256MB MS Pro for pretty
    > cheap...
    >
    > thanks in advance

    I've always bought cheap no-name brands ... or should I say, brands that
    were re-labled by the reputable company selling them. I've never had a
    problem to date.

    Things to consider I suppose is the speed at which card can be written
    to and reliability ... a few 100ms wouldn't put me off a card, and I've
    not heard much of bad cards out there.
    So what I'm trying to say is that if you can save a lot of cash on a
    card based on what's stuck on the outside then why not give it a
    try...(whenever I get a new card I give it a good run in, fill it with
    junk, see if can read on PC, format and do once again just to be
    safe)... if you have cash falling out your pockets then you would really
    just go for the most well known and highest priced on the menu.

    Just my 2cents worth ;-)

    be_pissed, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Matt

    SkyPilot Guest

    "Matt" <matt.mck@eircom..co.net> pounded on the keyboard and wrote:

    >What's the general thought on Lexar media? I'm looking for a new memory
    >stick pro, and I'm pretty faithful to Sandisk, having positive experiences
    >with their media. Can anyone comment? I can get a 256MB MS Pro for pretty
    >cheap...
    >
    >thanks in advance

    I don't believe there is much difference between the major brands, but then
    I have only used Lexar.

    Let me tell you about my Lexar card.
    --------------------
    About the only time you hear about a product is when something goes wrong.

    So, I would like to tell about something good.

    I was getting ready to leave for work one morning and before I went out the
    door I checked the capture counter on my D100. It read -E- and I patted my
    pocket to see if my Lexar 512mb 40X Compact Flash Memory card was there. It
    wasn't there and then I had to think about the last place I saw it. Then to
    my horror I remembered that I had put it in my shirt pocket (I wear a
    uniform and the shirt pockets have flaps), and I had washed that shirt the
    night before.

    I went to the garage, opened the dryer and pulled out the shirt. My CF card
    was still in the pocket. Fearing the worst and not wanting to take a chance
    on harming the camera, I put the CF card in my computer. The CF card was
    immediately recognized. Then I put it the camera and up popped -519- which
    is the normal number of captures for the quality that I keep the camera on.

    Lexar makes a good product...

    ---------------------------------
    Later

    Brian
    Brian J. Rueger | Hampton Div. of Fire & Rescue | "Who dares wins"
    Lt./Paramedic | Fire Communications Officer | Hampton, VA.
    B.S. Comm/I/SEL Pilot | MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199 | NREMT-P
    Check out my home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
    Some of my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/34185.html
    "Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"

    SkyPilot, Mar 21, 2005
  4. In article <C1k%d.49958$>, Matt
    <matt.mck@eircom..co.net> wrote:

    > What's the general thought on Lexar media? I'm looking for a new memory
    > stick pro, and I'm pretty faithful to Sandisk, having positive experiences
    > with their media. Can anyone comment? I can get a 256MB MS Pro for pretty
    > cheap...

    I use Lexar exclusively and have never had a problem.

    Randall Ainsworth, Mar 21, 2005