    Lexus is costly most the times, does it mean it is good???
    Looking for feedback....
    , Jun 2, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Guys can you please provide feedback on which secure digital card to
    > buy Lexar or Sandisk.
    > I want good writing/reading speed.
    > Lexus is costly most the times, does it mean it is good???
    > Looking for feedback....

    For what it's worth, I've been pleased with both the SanDisk Ultra II and
    the Kingmax Platinum:

    http://www.kingmaxdigi.com/news/news_product/news_p20040303.htm

    Both offer 10Mb/s read and 9MB/s write.

    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Victor Guest

    Is lexar not good to consider as an option at if price is not the
    issue???.
    I guess, I will have to go for SanDisk.
    Victor, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Guest

    Victor, we've always used Lexar which is a great brand.. We currently
    have about 30gb worth of Lexar cards out in the hands of novices that
    do not take care of their equipment (by the looks of their cameras when
    they come back) and never one lost photo.

    Personally I just purchased a DSLR with a Sandisk Ultra II 1gb card in
    the package. To keep everything the same I purchased another Sandisk
    Ultra II 1gb which worked great in the camera, and gladly accepted a
    full card of photos.. When I tried to transfer the data to the computer
    via the camera or their 12-in-1 Sandisk Reader I kept getting erorrs
    (Cyclic redundancy check in the reader in windows). Straight out of the
    package, first time any photos were taken, and yes, I did format the
    card in the camera.. It wasnt even a bad format, re-formatted a few
    different ways and still no luck.

    I lost about an hours worth of shooting, something I was able to get
    back, but this problem (probablly one in a thousand, million?) sadly
    this one instance ruined Sandisk for me. And while these 1gb cards (I
    replaced the bad one) will work fine as backups, I have two 4gb Lexars
    on order that will be my primary cards.

    Again, its hit or miss - Lexar and SanDisk have been compared as the
    top two brands.. Its all luck too, pick one of these companies and
    you'll be fine. While you cant protect from the occasional bad card,
    the companies are large enought that you'll get easy support and a
    replacement if necessary.

  5. Ron Guest

    My first Sandisk went south right away and they replaced it within about
    three weeks. Have had perfect luck
    with Lexar and PNY. Am now running around with a Sandisk 1 gig so hope
    my luck with that brand improves.

    /r

    Ron, Jun 2, 2005
  6. Nostrobino Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Guys can you please provide feedback on which secure digital card to
    > buy Lexar or Sandisk.
    > I want good writing/reading speed.
    > Lexus is costly most the times, does it mean it is good???
    > Looking for feedback....

    I use Lexar, Sandisk, Kingston and Viking cards in both SecureDigital and
    CompactFlash, and so far have had no trouble with any of them. I have seen a
    few complaints about failures with Sandisk in certain size cards, while I
    have not seen anything but compliments for Lexar. But again, personally I
    have had no problems with any of those brands. Usually which brand I buy
    depends on which has the lowest price or best rebate at the time.

    N.
    Nostrobino, Jun 4, 2005