    it worked for them. Didn't work for me though.

    What next? I'm stumped. Help.

    sean
    sean, Sep 29, 2003

  2. There's no need that OS X should need a driver for anybody's stick
    reader.
    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 29, 2003

  3. sean

    sean Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:07:23 -0400, Randall Ainsworth wrote
    (in message <290920031507235582%>):

    > There's no need that OS X should need a driver for anybody's stick
    > reader.

    Totally. Im wondering if there is some other driver conflict? I did install a
    Cool iCam driver for another el cheapo non smartmedia camera a while back.
    The iCam camera works, but could it be blocking my Lexar?
    sean, Sep 29, 2003
  4. sean

    garygorb Guest

    In article <>, sean
    <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:07:23 -0400, Randall Ainsworth wrote
    > (in message <290920031507235582%>):
    >
    > > There's no need that OS X should need a driver for anybody's stick
    > > reader.

    > Totally. Im wondering if there is some other driver conflict? I did install a
    > Cool iCam driver for another el cheapo non smartmedia camera a while back.
    > The iCam camera works, but could it be blocking my Lexar?

    I have a Lexar SmartMedia Reader plugged into a USB slot on my OS
    10.2.6 and it reads just fine. I never had to install any drivers. I do
    seem to recall that I had some problems just plugging into the extra
    slot coming out of my keyboard, because it was underpowered. I solved
    that by first plugging into the other slot in the back of my machine.
    Eventually I got a powered 4-port hub and that's were it's plugged into
    now. Anyway,... you might want to try a different slot or borrow
    someone's powered hub.
    garygorb, Sep 30, 2003
  5. sean

    sean Guest

    > In article <>, sean
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:07:23 -0400, Randall Ainsworth wrote
    >> (in message <290920031507235582%>):
    >>
    >>> There's no need that OS X should need a driver for anybody's stick
    >>> reader.

    >> Totally. Im wondering if there is some other driver conflict? I did
    >> install a
    >> Cool iCam driver for another el cheapo non smartmedia camera a while back.
    >> The iCam camera works, but could it be blocking my Lexar?
    >>

    > I have a Lexar SmartMedia Reader plugged into a USB slot on my OS
    > 10.2.6 and it reads just fine. I never had to install any drivers. I do
    > seem to recall that I had some problems just plugging into the extra
    > slot coming out of my keyboard, because it was underpowered. I solved
    > that by first plugging into the other slot in the back of my machine.
    > Eventually I got a powered 4-port hub and that's were it's plugged into
    > now. Anyway,... you might want to try a different slot or borrow
    > someone's powered hub.

    I actually tried both ports on my G3 Powerbook (Bronze) and neither worked.
    So I then plugged it into my powered hub of my G4 Tower in OS 10.2.6. Still
    nothing. I then rebooted to OS 9.2.1 on that same G4 Tower, installed the
    driver for OS9 and it worked. So the fact that it does work in OS9 but
    doesn't in OS 10.2.6 has been believing that it's an OS problem. Any
    thoughts?
    sean, Sep 30, 2003
  6. sean

    garygorb Guest

    In article <>, sean
    <> wrote:

    > > In article <>, sean
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:07:23 -0400, Randall Ainsworth wrote
    > >> (in message <290920031507235582%>):

    > >> Totally. Im wondering if there is some other driver conflict? I did
    > >> install a
    > >> Cool iCam driver for another el cheapo non smartmedia camera a while back.
    > >> The iCam camera works, but could it be blocking my Lexar?
    > >>

    > > I have a Lexar SmartMedia Reader plugged into a USB slot on my OS
    > > 10.2.6 and it reads just fine. I never had to install any drivers. I do
    > > seem to recall that I had some problems just plugging into the extra
    > > slot coming out of my keyboard, because it was underpowered. I solved
    > > that by first plugging into the other slot in the back of my machine.
    > > Eventually I got a powered 4-port hub and that's were it's plugged into
    > > now. Anyway,... you might want to try a different slot or borrow
    > > someone's powered hub.

    > I actually tried both ports on my G3 Powerbook (Bronze) and neither worked.
    > So I then plugged it into my powered hub of my G4 Tower in OS 10.2.6. Still
    > nothing. I then rebooted to OS 9.2.1 on that same G4 Tower, installed the
    > driver for OS9 and it worked. So the fact that it does work in OS9 but
    > doesn't in OS 10.2.6 has been believing that it's an OS problem. Any
    > thoughts?

    Sorry, Sean, I'm stumped. My reader has worked fine with no drivers
    installed on either OS 10 or 9. The only thought I have is that we are
    talking about different devices. Mine says (in very fine print) "RW009
    Rev. E".
    garygorb, Oct 1, 2003
  7. sean

    sean Guest

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:48:13 -0400, garygorb wrote
    (in message <300920032051169336%>):

    > In article <>, sean
    > <> wrote:

    >>> I have a Lexar SmartMedia Reader plugged into a USB slot on my OS
    >>> 10.2.6 and it reads just fine. I never had to install any drivers. I do
    >>> seem to recall that I had some problems just plugging into the extra
    >>> slot coming out of my keyboard, because it was underpowered. I solved
    >>> that by first plugging into the other slot in the back of my machine.
    >>> Eventually I got a powered 4-port hub and that's were it's plugged into
    >>> now. Anyway,... you might want to try a different slot or borrow
    >>> someone's powered hub.

    >> I actually tried both ports on my G3 Powerbook (Bronze) and neither
    >> worked.
    >> So I then plugged it into my powered hub of my G4 Tower in OS 10.2.6.
    >> Still
    >> nothing. I then rebooted to OS 9.2.1 on that same G4 Tower, installed the
    >> driver for OS9 and it worked. So the fact that it does work in OS9 but
    >> doesn't in OS 10.2.6 has been believing that it's an OS problem. Any
    >> thoughts?
    >>

    > Sorry, Sean, I'm stumped. My reader has worked fine with no drivers
    > installed on either OS 10 or 9. The only thought I have is that we are
    > talking about different devices. Mine says (in very fine print) "RW009
    > Rev. E".

    Looks like that's the only difference (mine isnt Rev. E). I did talk to Lexar
    and they insisted it should work. I have only one other thing to check and
    that is the Smartmedia card itself. I use a Toshiba 8MB card and its the only
    one I own at the moment.
    sean, Oct 1, 2003