Lexar CF Card reader gets hot!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by chibitul, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. chibitul

    chibitul Guest

    here is the story:

    gave my sister a Compact Flash reader (Lexar Media, USB) and she
    complained it gets hot (almost *burns* after 5-10 minutes) when used on
    her home PC. On the PC at school it gets warm, not hot.

    Now I met her for Cristams at out parent's house and she brought the CF
    reader. on my iBook it got warm. Then I used my CF card reader (with the
    same CF card) and this one stayed 100% cool, you couldn't even tell it
    was plugged into USB after 10 minutes! Mine is identical with hers, they
    were purchased at the same time (there was a deal a few month ago,
    something like 5 bucks each).

    The fact that her reader gets hot makes me think it is defective, but I
    don't understand why it gets literarly HOT on some computers and warm on
    others.

    Thanks
    P.S. I gave her my reader which stays cool and told her to discard the
    other one :)
    chibitul, Jan 9, 2004

  2. chibitul

    News Text Guest

    Scrap it, before it damages something else!

    News Text, Jan 9, 2004