    can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
    letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
    and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

    GraB, Mar 29, 2005

  2. GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 12:45 a.m.:
    > E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
    >
    > Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
    > own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
    > it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
    > by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
    > the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
    > settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
    > of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
    > can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
    > letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
    > and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

    Thank god for that, what ever you do do not tell them about HTML
    formating in Thunderbird.
    :cool:

    Collector»NZ, Mar 29, 2005

  3. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:56:17 +1200, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote:

    >GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 12:45 a.m.:
    >> E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
    >>
    >> Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
    >> own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
    >> it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
    >> by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
    >> the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
    >> settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
    >> of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
    >> can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
    >> letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
    >> and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

    >Thank god for that, what ever you do do not tell them about HTML
    >formating in Thunderbird.
    >:cool:

    That bad? Tell me more!

    GraB, Mar 30, 2005
  4. GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 4:34 p.m.:
    > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:56:17 +1200, Collector»NZ
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 12:45 a.m.:
    >>
    >>>E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
    >>>
    >>>Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
    >>>own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
    >>>it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
    >>>by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
    >>>the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
    >>>settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
    >>>of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
    >>>can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
    >>>letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
    >>>and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

    >>Thank god for that, what ever you do do not tell them about HTML
    >>formating in Thunderbird.
    >>:cool:

    > That bad? Tell me more!

    HTML and MS Markup bloat of emails :cool:
    Not to mention rendering issues on some clients and being bounced by
    really locked mail systems.

    Collector»NZ, Mar 30, 2005
  5. In article <424a31c5$1_1@127.0.0.1>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Collector=BBNZ?= <> wrote:
    (nip)
    >> That bad? Tell me more!

    >HTML and MS Markup bloat of emails :cool:
    >Not to mention rendering issues on some clients and being bounced by
    >really locked mail systems.

    If our email system bounced all html email, my spam count would go to zero
    ... and I would lose zero useful emails (on previous experience).

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 30, 2005
  6. GraB

    Richard Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
    >
    > Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
    > own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
    > it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
    > by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
    > the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
    > settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
    > of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
    > can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
    > letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
    > and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

    Well thats good, you stand a chance of having your emails read by the recipients
    instead of deleted as mindless trash.

    Richard, Mar 30, 2005
  7. GraB

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:45:35 +1200, in message
    <>, GraB wrote:

    > E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
    >
    > Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
    > own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
    > it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
    > by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
    > the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
    > settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
    > of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
    > can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
    > letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
    > and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

    Can't you create a template and use it, in Tbird?

    File -> New -> Message
    add your letterhead
    File -> Save As -> Template

    Now look in Templates under Local Folders.
    Right click on template and use "Edit as New".

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Spoon-feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon." -- E. M. Forster

    Ralph Fox, Mar 30, 2005