  1. I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    Thanks.
    Philip Marlow, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Philip Marlow

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "Philip Marlow" <> wrote in message
    news:b7N_b.4401$...
    > I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    > problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    > Thanks.

    Why yes. Which reminds me..I have a brand new Ferarri...is there any way to
    make it handle like a '74 Pinto??
    Pug Fugley, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Philip Marlow

    Richard C. Guest

    : I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without
    any
    : problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    : Thanks.
    :
    ===========
    Sure..........trim about 3/4" off of the original DVD before copying.
    Richard C., Feb 24, 2004
  4. Pug Fugley wrote:
    > "Philip Marlow" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    >>problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    >>Thanks.

    > Why yes. Which reminds me..I have a brand new Ferarri...is there any way to
    > make it handle like a '74 Pinto??

    LOL, classic.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Philip Marlow wrote:

    > I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    > problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    > Thanks.

    Please go away and never come back.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Philip Marlow

    Justin Guest

    Philip Marlow wrote on [Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:56:09 -0500]:
    > I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    > problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    > Thanks.

    w00t!

    Combining two hated things into one post!

    Pirate fullscreen moron
    Justin, Feb 24, 2004
  7. "Philip Marlow" <> wrote in news:b7N_b.4401$ee3.284803
    @news20.bellglobal.com:

    > I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    > problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    > Thanks.

    Many DVDs are available in fullscreen, but there is no way to convert a
    widescreen-only movie to fullscreen. Some players offer a zoom, and some
    PC programs do as well. This is a rather crude method, but then, genuine
    fullscreen transfers aren't much better.

    You may want to read here for a better understanding of
    widescreen DVDs:

    http:/www.widescreen.org

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.Daily-Reviews.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Feb 25, 2004
  8. Philip Marlow

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:11:40 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    us:

    >Philip Marlow wrote on [Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:56:09 -0500]:
    >> I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    >> problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >w00t!
    >
    >Combining two hated things into one post!
    >
    >Pirate fullscreen moron

    It has to be a test troll, doesn't it?
    DarkMatter, Feb 25, 2004
  9. Philip Marlow

    Bur Guest

    "Philip Marlow" <> wrote in message news:<b7N_b.4401$>...
    > I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    > problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    > Thanks.

    Not really. The letterbox format could theoretically be zoomed (in
    software?) but tou will have lost detail. It's important to note the
    type of DVD before purchasing it. A 'full-screen' DVD will fill the
    screen and, if the original movie was widescreen, the movie will be
    panned from side to side to ensure all relevant picture data is always
    in the screen. So a simple zoom might also leave you looking at a
    picture with relevant information chopped off one side or the other.
    Some movies are available only in widescreen which leaves you with the
    option of putting up with ugly black bars or just skipping the movie.
    I generally rent widescreen only releases and buy only fullscreen for
    my permanent collection.
    Bur, Feb 28, 2004
  10. Philip Marlow

    Richard C. Guest

    "Bur" <> wrote in message

    : I generally rent widescreen only releases and buy only fullscreen for
    : my permanent collection.

    =============
    sounds kind of foolish to me.......................
    =============
    Richard C., Feb 29, 2004
  11. Philip Marlow

    Justin Guest

    Bur wrote on [28 Feb 2004 14:36:00 -0800]:
    > I generally rent widescreen only releases and buy only fullscreen for
    > my permanent collection.

    So, you explain why widescreen is better than fullscreen yet you only
    buy fullscreen?
    Justin, Feb 29, 2004
  12. Philip Marlow

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, (Bur) wrote:
    >"Philip Marlow" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a movie on DVD that is in letterbox format. I can copy without any
    >> problem. Is there a way to convert that in full screen format?
    >> Thanks.

    >Not really. The letterbox format could theoretically be zoomed (in
    >software?) but tou will have lost detail. It's important to note the
    >type of DVD before purchasing it. A 'full-screen' DVD will fill the
    >screen and, if the original movie was widescreen, the movie will be
    >panned from side to side to ensure all relevant picture data is always
    >in the screen. So a simple zoom might also leave you looking at a
    >picture with relevant information chopped off one side or the other.
    >Some movies are available only in widescreen which leaves you with the
    >option of putting up with ugly black bars or just skipping the movie.
    >I generally rent widescreen only releases and buy only fullscreen for
    >my permanent collection.

    "what a strange little man"

    Buzz Lightyear
    GMAN, Feb 29, 2004
  13. Philip Marlow

    Mark W Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Bur wrote on [28 Feb 2004 14:36:00 -0800]:
    > > I generally rent widescreen only releases and buy only fullscreen for
    > > my permanent collection.

    > So, you explain why widescreen is better than fullscreen yet you only
    > buy fullscreen?

    He didn't say he thought it was better.
    Mark W, Feb 29, 2004
  14. Philip Marlow

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:42:24 -0000, "Mark W" <s@o> Gave us:

    >"Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Bur wrote on [28 Feb 2004 14:36:00 -0800]:
    >> > I generally rent widescreen only releases and buy only fullscreen for
    >> > my permanent collection.

    >> So, you explain why widescreen is better than fullscreen yet you only
    >> buy fullscreen?

    >He didn't say he thought it was better.

    Yes, but he is one weird, retarded ****. "Ugly black bars" was
    enough proof for me.
    DarkMatter, Feb 29, 2004
  15. Philip Marlow

    Justin Guest

    Mark W wrote on [Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:42:24 -0000]:

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Bur wrote on [28 Feb 2004 14:36:00 -0800]:
    >> > I generally rent widescreen only releases and buy only fullscreen for
    >> > my permanent collection.

    >> So, you explain why widescreen is better than fullscreen yet you only
    >> buy fullscreen?

    > He didn't say he thought it was better.

    No, he didn't. He did explain why it was better though
    Justin, Feb 29, 2004
  16. Philip Marlow

    Richard C. Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    : one weird, retarded ****.
    Richard C., Feb 29, 2004
  17. Philip Marlow

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:08:43 -0800, "Richard C." <post-age
    @spamcop.net> Gave us:

    >"DarkMatter" <> wrote in
    >message news:...
    >
    >: one weird, retarded ****.

    Retarded, as in backward in thinking. Get a clue, dipshit.

    Post something of a contributory nature.
    DarkMatter, Feb 29, 2004
  18. Richard C. demonstrates yet more Christian virtue with:

    >>> one weird, retarded ****. <<<

    Curioser and curioser...

    Max Christoffersen
    Max Christoffersen, Mar 1, 2004
  19. Philip Marlow

    Richard C. Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    : On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:08:43 -0800, "Richard C." <post-age
    : @spamcop.net> Gave us:
    :
    : >
    : >"DarkMatter" <> wrote in
    : >message news:...
    : >
    : >: one weird, retarded ****.
    : >
    : >
    : Retarded, as in backward in thinking. Get a clue, dipshit.
    :
    : Post something of a contributory nature.

    ============
    You mean like YOU do?

    LOL!
    =============
    Richard C., Mar 1, 2004
  20. Philip Marlow

    Richard C. Guest

    "Max Christoffersen" <> wrote in message
    : Richard C. demonstrates yet more Christian virtue with:
    :
    : >>> one weird, retarded ****. <<<
    :
    : Curioser and curioser...