    changed yet again and I can't change it back to the H drive it was
    because the only options I have been given are from J - Z... Any ideas
    what to do and why it keeps changing?
    slsbrooks, May 19, 2006

  2. slsbrooks

    beenthere Guest

    "slsbrooks" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Help! lol
    >
    > I turned my pc back on today n the letter of my external drive has
    > changed yet again and I can't change it back to the H drive it was
    > because the only options I have been given are from J - Z... Any ideas
    > what to do and why it keeps changing?

    Back in to Disk Management, to find out What is using H: .
    Are you plugging in, or switching on another device ?.
    beenthere, May 19, 2006

  3. slsbrooks

    slsbrooks Guest

    nothing is using H. H doesn't even exist.
    I haven't done anything at all... nothing has been plugged in or
    changed in anyway.
    Not to my knowledge at least
    slsbrooks, May 19, 2006
  4. slsbrooks

    Ron Martell Guest

    "slsbrooks" <> wrote:

    >Help! lol
    >
    >I turned my pc back on today n the letter of my external drive has
    >changed yet again and I can't change it back to the H drive it was
    >because the only options I have been given are from J - Z... Any ideas
    >what to do and why it keeps changing?

    Change it to some other letter.

    Reboot the computer.

    You should now be able to change it back to H.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)