Lets's try that again (Was: Playstation modchip installers)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Salty Dog, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Salty Dog

    Salty Dog Guest

    Since the original thread has degenerated into an argument about god
    knows what, I'll try again here.

    Hi All,

    I want to install a messiah 2 modchip in my PS2 and don't feel
    confident enough to do it myself. I've found three installers in
    various parts of the country and was wondering if anyone has dealt with
    any of them. They are

    http://www.nzmodchips.co.nz
    http://www.themodman.co.nz, and
    http://www.fatcat.co.nz

    I'm understandably a bit nervous about sending my PS2 off to someone
    I've never clapped eyes on before. Any advice or reviews will be
    greatly appreciated.

    All the best
    Salty

    --
    "I never could get the hang of thursdays"

    --
    "I never could get the hang of thursdays"

    Salty Dog, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Salty Dog

    Palm Guest

    I would recommend nzmodchips ... Harley, did my playstation few years ago
    still works fine, be real careful about cowboys the last thing you want is a
    stuffed ps2. ...J

    Palm, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Salty Dog

    Brett Cooper Guest

    I would goto Fatcat as he done great things to my ps2, quick as well and
    very easy to deal with.

    Brett

    Brett Cooper, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Salty Dog

    TEX Guest

    Have not dealt with any of these places since I put them in myself. And
    they aren't the easiest thing in the word to do. Fatcat has been around
    for awhile, and has a good rep. Don't know about the others. Best bet is
    drop the dude an email and see what sort of time frame it will take etc.
    I personally know it can get quiet busy when you have a dozen jobs to
    do, especially PS2's, and it better to turn away work rather to have
    unhappy gamers :)

    Since you are down south, you might want to contact Pete Mundy @
    Advanced Communications Ltd, Nelson, he might be able to point you in
    the right direction for someone closer to home.

    TEX

    TEX, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Salty Dog

    bAZZ Guest

    "TEX" <> wrote in message news:3f30b459$...
    > Have not dealt with any of these places since I put them in myself. And
    > they aren't the easiest thing in the word to do. Fatcat has been around
    > for awhile, and has a good rep. Don't know about the others. Best bet is
    > drop the dude an email and see what sort of time frame it will take etc.
    > I personally know it can get quiet busy when you have a dozen jobs to
    > do, especially PS2's, and it better to turn away work rather to have
    > unhappy gamers :)
    >
    > Since you are down south, you might want to contact Pete Mundy @
    > Advanced Communications Ltd, Nelson, he might be able to point you in
    > the right direction for someone closer to home.
    >
    > TEX
    >

    > Salty Dog wrote:
    >
    > > Since the original thread has degenerated into an argument about god
    > > knows what, I'll try again here.
    > >
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I want to install a messiah 2 modchip in my PS2 and don't feel
    > > confident enough to do it myself. I've found three installers in
    > > various parts of the country and was wondering if anyone has dealt with
    > > any of them. They are
    > >
    > > http://www.nzmodchips.co.nz
    > > http://www.themodman.co.nz, and
    > > http://www.fatcat.co.nz
    > >
    > > I'm understandably a bit nervous about sending my PS2 off to someone
    > > I've never clapped eyes on before. Any advice or reviews will be
    > > greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > All the best
    > > Salty

    Hey Salty

    Are any of them in ChCh ? I had a look at a few awhile ago online for same
    thing ( xbox tho ) and there was one guy who would let you take either box
    to him and even wait while he did it if he were not busy. Seemed to be quite
    proficient from the web site and had been around a fair while too and maybe
    was in chch.
    I too were reluctant to send mine away to some stranger miles away in Nth
    Is ( in Dunners) and the chch guy seemed to be OK. If I can find the addy
    I'll post it here. If you do have success can you post to the group later
    and let us know cos I still aint got around to getting it done ( been
    looking for cheap100gig or bigger drive to chuck in at same time).

    See ya
    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Aug 6, 2003
  6. Salty Dog

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <060820031725333487%>, says...
    > Since the original thread has degenerated into an argument about god
    > knows what, I'll try again here.

    It's an argument about Wogers latest alias, he has about 100 aliases
    purely to get out of peoples kill files, if he had a little more brains
    he could have stopped from getting in them in the first place

    Mainlander, Aug 6, 2003
  7. Salty Dog

    Salty Dog Guest

    In article <bgq85k$4go$>, Palm
    <stinky1stinky@[nospam]hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I would recommend nzmodchips ... Harley, did my playstation few years ago
    > still works fine, be real careful about cowboys the last thing you want is a
    > stuffed ps2. ...J

    I actually think I bought the modchip for my PS1 from Harley, it was
    quite a while ago, so I can't be sure.

    Thanks
    Salty

    Salty Dog, Aug 6, 2003
  8. Salty Dog

    Salty Dog Guest

    In article <3f30b459$>, TEX <> wrote:

    > Have not dealt with any of these places since I put them in myself. And
    > they aren't the easiest thing in the word to do. Fatcat has been around
    > for awhile, and has a good rep. Don't know about the others. Best bet is
    > drop the dude an email and see what sort of time frame it will take etc.
    > I personally know it can get quiet busy when you have a dozen jobs to
    > do, especially PS2's, and it better to turn away work rather to have
    > unhappy gamers :)
    >
    > Since you are down south, you might want to contact Pete Mundy @
    > Advanced Communications Ltd, Nelson, he might be able to point you in
    > the right direction for someone closer to home.

    I've been leaning towards fatcat, because I know he has been around for
    quite a few years. Thanks for the input.

    Cheers
    Salty

    --
    "I never could get the hang of thursdays"

    Salty Dog, Aug 6, 2003
  9. Salty Dog

    Salty Dog Guest

    In article <Ap3Ya.107365$>, bAZZ
    <> wrote:

    > "TEX" <> wrote in message news:3f30b459$...
    > > Have not dealt with any of these places since I put them in myself. And
    > > they aren't the easiest thing in the word to do. Fatcat has been around
    > > for awhile, and has a good rep. Don't know about the others. Best bet is
    > > drop the dude an email and see what sort of time frame it will take etc.
    > > I personally know it can get quiet busy when you have a dozen jobs to
    > > do, especially PS2's, and it better to turn away work rather to have
    > > unhappy gamers :)
    > >
    > > Since you are down south, you might want to contact Pete Mundy @
    > > Advanced Communications Ltd, Nelson, he might be able to point you in
    > > the right direction for someone closer to home.
    > >
    > > TEX
    > >

    > > Salty Dog wrote:
    > >
    > > > Since the original thread has degenerated into an argument about god
    > > > knows what, I'll try again here.
    > > >
    > > > Hi All,
    > > >
    > > > I want to install a messiah 2 modchip in my PS2 and don't feel
    > > > confident enough to do it myself. I've found three installers in
    > > > various parts of the country and was wondering if anyone has dealt with
    > > > any of them. They are
    > > >
    > > > http://www.nzmodchips.co.nz
    > > > http://www.themodman.co.nz, and
    > > > http://www.fatcat.co.nz
    > > >
    > > > I'm understandably a bit nervous about sending my PS2 off to someone
    > > > I've never clapped eyes on before. Any advice or reviews will be
    > > > greatly appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > All the best
    > > > Salty
    > > >

    > Hey Salty
    >
    > Are any of them in ChCh ? I had a look at a few awhile ago online for same
    > thing ( xbox tho ) and there was one guy who would let you take either box
    > to him and even wait while he did it if he were not busy. Seemed to be quite
    > proficient from the web site and had been around a fair while too and maybe
    > was in chch.
    > I too were reluctant to send mine away to some stranger miles away in Nth
    > Is ( in Dunners) and the chch guy seemed to be OK. If I can find the addy
    > I'll post it here. If you do have success can you post to the group later
    > and let us know cos I still aint got around to getting it done

    Will do

    Cheers
    Salty

    --
    "I never could get the hang of thursdays"

    Salty Dog, Aug 6, 2003