Lets all buy from Sears

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ANovice, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. ANovice

    ANovice Guest

    Subject: Sears - Christmas shopping has already started

    I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice.
    Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't
    withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at
    Sears this year?

    How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By
    law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing
    more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of
    being called up.

    Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all
    benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up
    reservist employees for up to two years.

    I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be
    recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure
    to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the
    positive reinforcement it well deserves.

    Pass it on.

    Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following
    e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

    I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the
    Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your
    company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead
    of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

    This is their answer to my e-mail:

    Dear Customer:

    Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate
    your positive feedback.

    Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young
    men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden
    they bear at this time.

    Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care

    1-800-349-4358

    Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for
    this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do
    appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

    It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire article)

    ANovice, Nov 8, 2007