Let's all buy from Sears

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Nov 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    you bet http://bfads.net/Sears

    --

    Remember the Dell Dude?
    He's now waiting tables at Tortilla Flats

    , Nov 8, 2007

  2. ANovice Guest

    Subject: Sears - Christmas shopping has already started

[...]

    Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following
    e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

    I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the
    Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your
    company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead
    of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

    This is their answer to my e-mail:

    Dear Customer:

    Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate
    your positive feedback.

    Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young
    men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden
    they bear at this time.

    Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care

    1-800-349-4358

    Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for
    this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do
    appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

    It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp (shows the entire article)

    ANovice, Nov 8, 2007

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Nov 8, 2007
  4. Blinky the Shark, Nov 8, 2007
  5. Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:37:17 -0800,
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Remember the Dell Dude?
    >>He's now waiting tables at Tortilla Flats
    >>http://nymag.com/daily/food/2007/11/dell_dude_now_tequila_dude_
    >>at.html

    > So there's hope for the "Can you hear me now" guy.

    I dunno. He's still making a pot of money as the guy in front of
    the network.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://soflatheatre.blogspot.com/

    I don't want anybody else; when I think about you I touch myself

    Christopher Jahn, Nov 8, 2007
  6. Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:26:22 -0600, Christopher Jahn <>
    wrote:

    >I dunno. He's still making a pot of money as the guy in front of
    >the network.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdTVaMjwD4

    hehe

    Evan Platt, Nov 8, 2007
  7. doS Guest

    For associates of Sears Holdings (other than certain part-time and seasonal
    associates) who are called to duty in the National Guard or Reserve, we make
    up any difference between the associate's pay at Sears Holdings and his or
    her military pay - for up to five years.

    doS, Nov 9, 2007
  8. Plato Guest

    ANovice wrote:

    > How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By
    > law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing

    There is NO penality assessed if an employer does not rehire a person
    after their call of duty.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 16, 2007
  9. nobody > Guest

    Plato wrote:
    > ANovice wrote:
    >> How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By
    >> law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing

    > There is NO penality assessed if an employer does not rehire a person
    > after their call of duty.

    Some states do have penalties for not making a full-faith attempt at
    rehiring returning reservists.

    nobody >, Nov 16, 2007