    love 1 & 2 but the thought of unncessary footage wedged between their scenes
    has made me hold off on these for a while.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Aphelion

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote in message
    news:Enk%d.84217$
    > I'd like to own this series, but what's the scoop with the Director's
    > Cut editions? LW4 has only had one DVD release, so that's cool...
    > but what's added to 1-3? Does the extra footage detract from or
    > benefit the films? I love 1 & 2 but the thought of unncessary
    > footage wedged between their scenes has made me hold off on these for
    > a while.
    >
    > Aphelion

    It's not enought to worry about. LW1 has about 7 minutes additional
    character development for Riggs concerning his dead wife. LW2 and LW3
    have 3 and 2 minutes respectively--or is it 2 and 3 minutes
    respectively? Whatever. LW1 is the only one where the additional footage
    is even noticable.
    --
    Buford T. Justice
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:

    FAQmeister, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Aphelion

    zoltan47 Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:36:00 -0800, "FAQmeister"
    <> wrote:

    >"Aphelion" <> wrote in message
    >> I'd like to own this series, but what's the scoop with the Director's
    >> Cut editions? LW4 has only had one DVD release, so that's cool...
    >> but what's added to 1-3? Does the extra footage detract from or
    >> benefit the films? I love 1 & 2 but the thought of unncessary
    >> footage wedged between their scenes has made me hold off on these for
    >> a while.
    >>
    >> Aphelion

    >It's not enought to worry about. LW1 has about 7 minutes additional
    >character development for Riggs concerning his dead wife. LW2 and LW3
    >have 3 and 2 minutes respectively--or is it 2 and 3 minutes
    >respectively? Whatever. LW1 is the only one where the additional footage
    >is even noticable.

    The main attraction for me was the addition of the DTS tracks on these
    three.

    zoltan47, Mar 21, 2005