    preparation of 70-270,70-290,70-291,70-294 and so on but i finished basic
    about MCP certified 70-270 and 70-290 i wanna pass i need help and advice and
    what is important to do when am doing preparation you can contact me

    abdi shakor, Oct 14, 2008

  2. "abdi shakor" <abdi shakor @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > am student of MCSE i wanna pass minimum 95%

    First of all.. I commend you for your ambition.... but...

    [a] The passing score is an ordinal value of "700", and not based on any
    such percentage, and
    From my observations over the past ten years of taking certification
    exams -- if you get in the mid-800s you've studied well,
    and if you break 900 you're probably a product expert,
    and I can count on one hand the number of scores > 950 that I've
    ever seen in my life.
    (and none of 'em were mine!)

    > preparation of 70-270,70-290,70-291,70-294 and so on but i finished basic
    > about MCP certified 70-270 and 70-290 i wanna pass i need help and advice
    > and
    > what is important to do when am doing preparation you can contact me

    There are two things you must do if you want to score in the 900s on a
    Microsoft Certification Exam:

    [1] Study, study, study, and then study some more,
    [2] And for every hour that you study, spend about two hours actually
    working hands-on with the technology.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Oct 14, 2008

  3. abdi shakor

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Lawrence Garvin" <lawrence@nospam> prattled ceaselessly in

    <snip>
    > From my observations over the past ten years of taking
    > certification exams -- if you get in the mid-800s you've studied well,
    > and if you break 900 you're probably a product expert,
    > and I can count on one hand the number of scores > 950 that
    > I've
    > ever seen in my life.
    > (and none of 'em were mine!)

    <snip>

    I got one > 950. For XP. Score 984. The rest ranged between 801 and 930.
    From the discussions regarding MS scoring, I have no idea whether to be
    proud of my scores or not. I passed. And I've successfully used the
    useful part of what I learned. I suppose that's all that really matters.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Oct 14, 2008
  4. abdi shakor

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > i need help

    agreed

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Oct 14, 2008
  5. abdi shakor

    Mungus Guest

    It's an impossible question to answer. It will depend on what you already
    know, how good a student you are, how smart you are, how good you are at
    exams, what questions you get on the day... I'd say that if you're
    determined to resit the exams until you get >95% in all of them, you'll be at
    it a long time.

    Mungus, Oct 15, 2008

  6. > It's an impossible question to answer. It will depend on what you already
    > know, how good a student you are, how smart you are, how good you are at
    > exams, what questions you get on the day... I'd say that if you're
    > determined to resit the exams until you get >95% in all of them, you'll be
    > at
    > it a long time.

    I'm with you.
    Without any experience, i think 9 months or more, but this couldn't be
    enough....
    with experience, read the training kit make some test, and in 2 months this
    can be done..

    dino kwang yang, Oct 15, 2008
  7. Except that once you get over 700 on an exam you can't retake it again. But
    then again, no one knows what your score is unless you tell them. It is NOT
    on the public transcripts. As far as people know, you scored a 1000 on every
    exam you took (even those where the top score is 950). Of course, they have
    no way of proving you wrong.

    Any score above 700 to me signifies that you wasted too much time studying
    for the exam when you could have been doing something else (like having a
    life).
    --
    Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x8, MCSA, MOS x2, FLMI, ACS

    LarryWestMCSD, Oct 21, 2008