    certifications in the last 6 weeks.

    From March 02 to April 14, 2004:
    MCSD .NET: +70 (from 7,674 to 7,744)
    MCSD: +230 (from 44,920 to 45,150)

    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the smallest increase since the
    introduction of the MCSD .NET certification? I was hoping to see more MCADs
    certifying as MCSD .NET. These figures also show that there were 3 times
    more MCSD than MCSD .NET certs in that same time frame.

    Paul

    Paul O'T, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Paul O'T

    Kevin Guest

    Where did you get these numbers?

    When you say from 7,674 to 7,744 is that a Year To Date
    total?

    Kevin, Apr 21, 2004

  3. Paul O'T

    Me2 Guest

    Paul,

    I think that what we are seeing is the fact that the VB6 exams are retiring
    at the end of June. Perhaps there are individuals that started and never
    finished up the exams for certification. Now that the exams are retiring,
    they have to hurry up and finish the certification. This still has value,
    since the certifications will remain in effect, the exams are only being
    stopped.

    --
    Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the

    Me2, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Paul O'T

    Paul O'T Guest

    Cumulative to date figures, posted by Microsoft at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp

    Paul O'T, Apr 21, 2004
  5. Paul O'T

    Paul O'T Guest

    Yes the discontinuation of VB 6 exams explains why the MCSD numbers still
    rise, but why such a small increase in the MCSD .NET certifications?

    Paul O'T, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Paul O'T

    Me2 Guest

    Got me Paul. I would conjecture that it has to do with social adoption
    rates. There is always a group of early adopters, as this group "spreads
    the word" then you get adoption from a larger group of individuals. Perhaps
    we are between the early adopters and the larger group of certifiers.

    Just a SWAG,

    Me2, Apr 21, 2004
  7. Paul O'T

    John Nelson Guest

    When I completed my MCSD.NET in 2003 I was number 2,800
    (roughly). I can't believe the number has grown that
    quickly.

    John Nelson, Apr 22, 2004