    I was just talking about him today and a few minutes later I heard the news.

    real glad I got to see him about a year ago or so when I went to NY.

    he was still performing Monday nights at the Iridium!

    philo, Aug 13, 2009

  2. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > I was just talking about him today and a few minutes later I heard the
    > news.
    >
    > real glad I got to see him about a year ago or so when I went to NY.
    >

    > he was still performing Monday nights at the Iridium!

    Sad loss, I enjoyed him and Mary Ford for years on the radio.
    My all time favorite was Tommy Garrett.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Aug 13, 2009

  3. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:

    HQ recommended: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95qq447jGcg

    OldGringo38, Aug 13, 2009
  4. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > I was just talking about him today and a few minutes later I heard the
    > news.
    >
    > real glad I got to see him about a year ago or so when I went to NY.
    >

    > he was still performing Monday nights at the Iridium!

    From the WP:
    http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/homepage/hp8-13-09f.jpg

    OldGringo38, Aug 13, 2009
  5. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The OldGringo38 Post:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >> I was just talking about him today and a few minutes later I heard the
    >> news.
    >>
    >> real glad I got to see him about a year ago or so when I went to NY.
    >>

    >> he was still performing Monday nights at the Iridium!

    > From the WP:
    > http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/homepage/hp8-13-09f.jpg

    Although he was not a crotch grabber along with many, many others
    that could be considered the Michael Jacksons and Madonnas of their
    era, a time when music soothed the nerves and did not rattle them.

    OldGringo38, Aug 13, 2009