    Thanks

    Ed
    , Sep 28, 2006

  2. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-09-28, <> wrote:
    > Hi I saw this advertised and was wondering if a cable could be added to
    > bring the antenna up higher? Or is their another setup which would work
    > better ?

    Using longer cables certainly should make it easier to put the router or
    wireless access point in a good position. If you have to place the
    wireless thingummy at one side or one end of the area you want it to
    cover, then you can use reflectors to concentrate the signal where you
    want it - eg <http://www.freeantennas.com/>.

    Don't buy alternative aerials [antennae] without making sure that you can
    fit them to your device; some aerials aren't interchangeable.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Sep 28, 2006