    it's not standard and they can't recommend any lenses/filters.

    Cheers

    Angel
    Angel, Dec 23, 2003

  2. You will have to buy the adapter tube which fits the thread on your lens,
    this then gives you a 55mm thread on the other end which you can screw any
    filters to.
    There is a telephoto kit and a macro kit you can buy that includes the
    adapter.
    The lens on the 602 is fixed so any accessory lenses have to be fitted in
    this way,
    hope this helps,
    Paul.
    "Angel" <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I know you can get a 1.5 zoom lense for th 602Z, but can I use all the
    > thousands of other filters / lenses that are out there? Maybe not lenses

    so
    > much, but filters, the ones that polarize the sky, gradients, etc. The

    fuju
    > lense has a thread on, but according to my local store (some use they

    were!)

    ** Pee Cee **, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Angel

    Faolan Guest

    In the writings of Angel, the <hqUFb.69$UI2.82410@newsfep1-
    win.server.ntli.net> scrolls contained these prophetic words:

    > Hi
    >
    > I know you can get a 1.5 zoom lense for th 602Z, but can I use all the
    > thousands of other filters / lenses that are out there? Maybe not lenses so
    > much, but filters, the ones that polarize the sky, gradients, etc. The fuju
    > lense has a thread on, but according to my local store (some use they were!)
    > it's not standard and they can't recommend any lenses/filters.

    As stated above get the Kenko or the Fuji adaptor, then get the 55mm
    filters you need. I currently use a Olympus T-Con 017 Telephoto lens
    (1.7) and a few filters (polariser, UV filter, and a few others). The
    Telephoto doesn't look pretty but it does the job :eek:)

    you can get a wide angle lens from Olympus as well. For recommendations
    head to the DPreview forums and read the multitude of posts on it.
    --
    Scottish Heritage:
    http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk
    Faolan, Dec 23, 2003
  4. I have a 602..here are the choices
    the fuji adapter tube (55mm at teh filter end)
    you can also find other 55mm size tubes, or a 52mm tube. i went with a
    les set from ebay with 52mm.
    no big deal on either size..see www.camerafilters.com.

    filtes: many folks use a UV or sky filter ALL THE TIME as it protects
    your camera lens. you will need a new lens cap.

    you can use a linear polarizer filter or circular. the S602 does not
    focus through the lens so either works. putting 2 togehter will give
    you a infinitely variable neutral density filter (cuts incoming light
    - great for very bright sunny days).

    a PL (polarizer) filter is cool - get one!

    you can get macro lenses too - usually marked as +1, +2, +4, etc. you
    can combine them to get ever greater magnification.

    you can get the 1.5 'zoom' lens, and i have seen 2x and 3x as well.
    these can be stacked as well (youhave 210mm zoom now, so adding a 1.5
    will give you a maximum of 210x 1.5 = 315mm. adding a 2x onto that
    gives you 310x2 or 620mm. etc) In theory there is a limit...

    you can also bget wide angle lenses - i have seen sizes from
    approximately .5 to .8. same math concept as the zoom lenses and macro
    lenses.

    you can also get adapters to take the 55mm to whatever you need.

    I bought cheap lenses to 'play' with. $24.95 and $6 shipping on ebay.
    the Fuji adapter sube i more than that i believe, and all it is is a
    aluminum tube with threads at both ends! I have seen tubes alone for
    as low as $6.95 online (shipping is more than that)

    chris

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:08:09 -0000, "Angel"

    Chris P in PA, Dec 25, 2003
  5. Angel

    S Smith Guest

    And in case you're interested... I have a spare, unused lens adapter
    which I got for my S602 that I'd be glad to sell for $15 to anyone
    interested. I has thought I'd get two and keep one on each lens, but
    it turns out it is just easier to keep one on the camera and change
    out the filters/lenses I put onto it.
    Drop me a line if interested.

    Steve
    S Smith, Dec 25, 2003
  6. Angel

    Angel Guest

    Some answer!!! I'm UK based and camerafiltes.com don't ship over here
    anymore so I need to trek around the stores, online and local to see what I
    can do. Thanks for your time on this one. I would be very interested if
    you could point me in the right direction for the zoom lenses you mentioned.
    A URL? I am a total newbie at this so apologies for the aparent apathy in
    looking for this myself. I've tried but get confused about what will fit on
    my camera and won't.

    One last question Chris - basically, I need an adapter before I can do
    anything. What do I ask for, in either laymans terms or techy so the camera
    store guy thinks I know what I am on abaout? do I need the fuji adapter
    ring, or can I get a standard adapter to take the 602 to accept any 55mm
    lense/filter?

    Angel, Dec 27, 2003
  7. "Angel" <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote in message
    > Some answer!!! I'm UK based and camerafiltes.com don't ship over here
    > anymore so I need to trek around the stores, online and local to see what

    > can do. Thanks for your time on this one. I would be very interested if
    > you could point me in the right direction for the zoom lenses you

    mentioned.
    > A URL? I am a total newbie at this so apologies for the aparent apathy in
    > looking for this myself. I've tried but get confused about what will fit

    on
    > my camera and won't.
    >
    > One last question Chris - basically, I need an adapter before I can do
    > anything. What do I ask for, in either laymans terms or techy so the

    camera
    > store guy thinks I know what I am on abaout? do I need the fuji adapter
    > ring, or can I get a standard adapter to take the 602 to accept any 55mm
    > lense/filter?

    You need a 55/55mm tube.
    George Preddy, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Angel

    Angel Guest

    Cheers George. You're a popular guy around here and on other forums by the
    sounds of it!

    Angel, Dec 27, 2003
  9. "Angel" <Angel@Utopia_SpamMeNot.Uk.Com> wrote in message
    > Cheers George. You're a popular guy around here and on other forums by

    the
    > sounds of it!

    Don't post anywhere else. Cheers back at you!

    George Preddy, Dec 28, 2003