    I recently bought a tube adapter and a UV filter from Cameragear.com (55mm)

    Is it worth getting a polorizer also?

    - Theo M.

    Theo McD., Oct 29, 2003

  2. Theo McD.

    Faolan Guest

    In the writings of Theo McD., the <3gGnb.96283$Hs.9931
    @twister.nyroc.rr.com> scrolls contained these prophetic words:

    > Where should I buy a telephoto lense for my Fuji S602?
    >
    > I recently bought a tube adapter and a UV filter from Cameragear.com (55mm)
    >
    > Is it worth getting a polorizer also?
    >
    > - Theo M.

    Polariser is essential to any form of photography, to darken skies, cut
    glare from shiny objects (metal/water/glass etc).

    I also recommend getting a skylight/UV filter and leaving your adaptor
    on with one of these all the time to protect the lens from dust,
    scratches or other ill hazards. Cheaper to replace a filter than the
    lens...

    Stateside I have no idea where you can buy the telephoto's but the T-Con
    017 from Olympus gets good mark ups from people who use it, it's got a
    1.7 factor compared to the Fuji's 1.5. It's the lens I will be getting
    in the near future.
    --
    Scottish Heritage:
    http://www.CelticShadows.co.uk