    get. I know where to get cameras, but lenses are more elusive, or are they?

    Thanks.

    Clyde Torres
    Clyde Torres, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Clyde Torres

    Udie Lafing Guest

    What?... did you just fall off the turnip truck.....you have eyes
    use them. Lazy Lazy lazy.

    Shutterbug magazine
    Popular Photography
    about a billion other magazines with advertising
    plus a very wide, world wide web.

    Try www.acecam.com

    --
    ?
    ?
    Udie Lafing, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Clyde Torres

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <3u%Vc.42864$>,
    "Clyde Torres" <> wrote:

    > Wolfe and Ritz

    They are the same store. Why not try a specialty camera store rather
    then a mall store or a film drop?

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres Guest

    I've gotta admit that it sounds like I'm lazy, but I am hoping to get real
    expert opinions, not just read about this stuff. Sometimes people's
    experiences with some outfits tell more than just their ad or website.

    Thanks.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Aug 22, 2004
  5. Clyde Torres

    Skip M Guest

    "Clyde Torres" <> wrote in message
    > I saw a thread below on the Nikon 28-200 G lens, and there was talk about
    > other lenses, in particular fixed focal length lenses.
    >
    > My question to the group is: who are the sources of good lenses and

    prices?
    > Every time I go to the local guys, i.e., Wolfe and Ritz Cameras, they

    never
    > have these lenses. They always want me to order. Well, heck, if I order,

    > might as well shop around on the internet and see what kind of prices I

    can
    > get. I know where to get cameras, but lenses are more elusive, or are

    they?

    > Thanks.
    >
    > Clyde Torres

    Try:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    Someone else suggested you try an independent photo store rather than
    Wolf/Ritz. Good suggestion, many will price match with online vendors. My
    local store will. Plus, it gives you a chance to handle the lens and see if
    you like the build, controls, etc.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Aug 22, 2004
  6. Nikon will mount any Nikon lens with minor problems. I have a 20 year
    old 55 Micro Nikkor on my D70 and a 500 F/8 mirror. I only have to
    compensate for the lack of metering and auto focus. There are literally
    thousands of used Nikon lenses available on Ebay and unlike Canon lenses
    they will still work but read your manual first. It is kind of like a
    candy sore but Nikon candy only. Good hunting!

    John Enockson, Aug 22, 2004