    have a fairly large squeeze bulb, but the lint just doesn't want to leave.
    I want something with some *force*.

    As for cleaning cloths...I am trying to blow away the lint left behind
    *by* the *&^%$#@! cleaning cloth.

    --
    Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor
    Autoreply is disabled | will we ever. Church and state are, and must

    Paul Ciszek, Jun 19, 2012

  2. Paul Ciszek

    otter Guest

    On Jun 19, 5:08 pm, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
    > The nearest camera store doesn't stock spray-dusters, apparently never
    > has.  They suggested I try an office supply store, and get one intended
    > for electronics.  The ones they sell at Office Depot do not list lenses
    > or optics among their oodles of uses, and warn that they include an
    > "embittering agent to discourage abuse of inhalants".  Unless this
    > "embittering agent" is a gas instead of a liquid, I don't want it sprayed
    > on my lenses.  So, where can I find a clean spray duster?  Yes, I already
    > have a fairly large squeeze bulb, but the lint just doesn't want to leave..
    > I want something with some *force*.
    >
    > As for cleaning cloths...I am trying to blow away the lint left behind
    > *by* the *&^%$#@! cleaning cloth.
    >
    > --
    > Please reply to:         | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    > pciszek at panix dot com |  command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor
    > Autoreply is disabled    |  will we ever.  Church and state are, and must
    >                          |  remain, separate." --Ronald Reagan, 10/26/1984

    microfiber and a good lens cleaning fluid.

    I inquired once at a camera store about an aerosol duster, and was
    told in no uncertain terms not to use them. "They blow dust into
    places it shouldn't go."

    otter, Jun 20, 2012

  3. Paul Ciszek

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 19, 8:03 pm, otter <> wrote:
    > On Jun 19, 5:08 pm, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
    >

    > > The nearest camera store doesn't stock spray-dusters, apparently never
    > > has.  They suggested I try an office supply store, and get one intended
    > > for electronics.  The ones they sell at Office Depot do not list lenses
    > > or optics among their oodles of uses, and warn that they include an
    > > "embittering agent to discourage abuse of inhalants".  Unless this
    > > "embittering agent" is a gas instead of a liquid, I don't want it sprayed
    > > on my lenses.  So, where can I find a clean spray duster?  Yes, I already
    > > have a fairly large squeeze bulb, but the lint just doesn't want to leave.
    > > I want something with some *force*.

    > > As for cleaning cloths...I am trying to blow away the lint left behind
    > > *by* the *&^%$#@! cleaning cloth.

    > > --
    > > Please reply to:         | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    > > pciszek at panix dot com |  command no worship, we mandate no belief,nor
    > > Autoreply is disabled    |  will we ever.  Church and state are, and must
    > >                          |  remain, separate." --Ronald Reagan, 10/26/1984

    > microfiber and a good lens cleaning fluid.
    >
    > I inquired once at a camera store about an aerosol duster, and was
    > told in no uncertain terms not to use them.  "They blow dust into
    > places it shouldn't go."

    As opposed to how push-pull zooms and other lens mechanisms suck in
    dust? I use aerosol dusters where other methods (like hand blowers or
    camel-hair brushes) can't dislodge static-stuck dust. Definitely do a
    preliminary blast to clear any debris and do not tilt or invert the
    can.

    RichA, Jun 20, 2012
  4. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    Alan Browne <> wrote:

    >> As for cleaning cloths...I am trying to blow away the lint left behind
    >> *by* the *&^%$#@! cleaning cloth.

    >Microfibre cloth. Wipe lightly. No more dust. Be sure the microfibre
    >is clean and has no grit on it.

    Mike's Camera sold me some "microfiber" cloths that disintigrate into
    lint. I have obtained another cloth with a silvery appearance that
    I hope will behave differently.

    Paul Ciszek, Jun 20, 2012
  5. Paul Ciszek

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <2012061917115621609-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com says...

    > On 2012-06-19 17:03:13 -0700, otter <> said:
    >
    > > On Jun 19, 5:08 pm, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
    > >> The nearest camera store doesn't stock spray-dusters, apparently never
    > >> has.  T......

    > > microfiber and a good lens cleaning fluid.
    > >
    > > I inquired once at a camera store about an aerosol duster, and was
    > > told in no uncertain terms not to use them. "They blow dust into
    > > places it shouldn't go."

    > Agreed!

    Get the biggest Giottos duster and a LensPen and you can handle just
    about everything except dust on the sensor.

    J. Clarke, Jun 20, 2012