    limited edition Photoshop, that was bundled with something I
    purchased. Is there a software package that everyone really likes?

    Thanks

    Gun_Maddie, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Eyes always reflect ... I think the term is catch light ... take a look at
    the eyes of any model in a magazine and you can tell what kind of lighting
    arrangement was used. If you see rectangle white it was a softbox, etc. I've
    seen photographs where the models eyes revealed the photographer and
    everything surrounding the photograper.

    Joe Thibodeau, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Gun_Maddie

    Bill Guest

    Hi,
    There are a lot of programs that can help you fix this and other problems.
    There is one called "Infranview" which is free online. For the ones you can
    purchase, there are several out there. Most people swear by PhotoShop by
    Adobe Software, which I use on occasion . But it's expensive and may be
    overkill for what you need for casual shots. I use PhotoStudio by ArcSoft.
    The new version 5.5 (around $60) does most of what PhotoShop does for 1/8
    the price. There are others, but I have never used those so I can't comment.
    Hope this helps a little!
    Bill

    Bill, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Gun_Maddie

    Matt. Guest

    If you want to stay with the Adobe product line, you could try Adobe
    Photoshop Elements. It has most of the Photoshop capabilities, but is (I
    found, anyway) easier to learn. It is also considerably less expensive.

    Matt., Oct 27, 2003
  5. Gun_Maddie

    FOR7b Guest

    >> I went to a computer store over the weekend looking at different types
    >> of photo softwares and was completely overwhelmed. I currently have a
    >> limited edition Photoshop, that was bundled with something I
    >> purchased. Is there a software package that everyone really likes?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Try Paint Shop Pro 8. It is the closest you will get to full Photoshop for the
    price. If you want to do alot of repetitive tasks then Elements, as was
    previously recommended is not not recommended because it does not have such a
    feature to automate.

    FOR7b, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Gun_Maddie

    Omega Guest

    How do you do that in Irfanview? I have a few images like that. I was tolt
    this is a reflection of the lenses.

    Omega, Oct 27, 2003