    Thanks.

    --
    Illegitimi non carborundum

    Joe Kotroczo, Jul 31, 2012

  2. Joe Kotroczo

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>, says...

    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
    > done, not just via an adapter?
    >
    > I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
    > PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
    > shop that is doing that type of work.

    What do you want to mount on what camera and what do you want it to be
    able to do? Those are the big questions.

    And any shop that's doing PL mount conversions should be able to do any
    other conversion. Don't expect it to be cheap.

    J. Clarke, Jul 31, 2012

  3. Joe Kotroczo

    Bruce Guest

    Joe Kotroczo <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
    >done, not just via an adapter?
    >
    >I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
    >PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
    >shop that is doing that type of work.
    >
    >Thanks.

    I suggest you should contact SRB-Griturn near Dunstable:
    http://www.srb-griturn.com/made-to-order-245-c.asp

    Bruce, Jul 31, 2012
  4. Joe Kotroczo

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 31/07/2012 17:37, J. Clarke wrote:
    > In article <>, says...
    >>
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
    >> done, not just via an adapter?
    >>
    >> I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
    >> PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
    >> shop that is doing that type of work.

    > What do you want to mount on what camera and what do you want it to be
    > able to do? Those are the big questions.

    I have a few FD-mount lenses gathering dust that have me wondering how I
    could get more use out of them. Mainly an Angenieux 180/2.3 APO

    I'm currently using a Sony A77 for stills, so A-Mount would nice, but
    there's also a few EF-Mount cameras kicking around for video stuff at
    the moment, so that could be an option as well.

    I'm quite sure the Angenieux was also available with Leica R and Nikon
    mounts, so I'm hoping the lens is designed to be convertible in some
    fashion.

    --
    Illegitimi non carborundum

    Joe Kotroczo, Aug 1, 2012
  5. Joe Kotroczo

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 31/07/2012 18:45, Bruce wrote:
    > Joe Kotroczo <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
    >> done, not just via an adapter?
    >>
    >> I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
    >> PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
    >> shop that is doing that type of work.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > I suggest you should contact SRB-Griturn near Dunstable:
    > http://www.srb-griturn.com/made-to-order-245-c.asp

    Thanks

    --
    Illegitimi non carborundum

    Joe Kotroczo, Aug 1, 2012
  6. Joe Kotroczo

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 02:03:12 +0100, Joe Kotroczo <> wrote:
    : On 31/07/2012 17:37, J. Clarke wrote:
    : > In article <>, says...
    : >>
    : >> Hello,
    : >>
    : >> Does anyone know how hard it is to have a proper lens mount conversion
    : >> done, not just via an adapter?
    : >>
    : >> I've seen quite a few Nikon and Canon lenses that have been converted to
    : >> PL-mount, I was wondering what else is possible and where I could find a
    : >> shop that is doing that type of work.
    : >
    :
    : I have a few FD-mount lenses gathering dust that have me wondering how I
    : could get more use out of them. Mainly an Angenieux 180/2.3 APO
    :
    : I'm currently using a Sony A77 for stills, so A-Mount would nice, but
    : there's also a few EF-Mount cameras kicking around for video stuff at
    : the moment, so that could be an option as well.
    :
    : I'm quite sure the Angenieux was also available with Leica R and Nikon
    : mounts, so I'm hoping the lens is designed to be convertible in some
    : fashion.

    Wouldn't you get better results for less money by getting on E-bay, selling
    your old lenses, and buying used lenses that are a better fit for your current
    equipment?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Aug 4, 2012
  7. Joe Kotroczo

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 04/08/2012 14:54, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 02:03:12 +0100, Joe Kotroczo <> wrote:

    (...)
    > : I'm quite sure the Angenieux was also available with Leica R and Nikon
    > : mounts, so I'm hoping the lens is designed to be convertible in some
    > : fashion.
    >
    > Wouldn't you get better results for less money by getting on E-bay, selling
    > your old lenses, and buying used lenses that are a better fit for your current
    > equipment?

    Now where is the fun in that? :)

    --
    Illegitimi non carborundum