    camera I use sometimes is a Canon G-3. I don't see a hood available for it from
    Canon. Does anyone know of an aftermarket unit?

    Len B
    Len Bryan, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Len Bryan

    DHB Guest

    Might want to check out LensMate:

    http://www.lensmateonline.com/g3.html

    They make a quality aluminum filter mount in both 58mm & 52mm. The 52mm
    seems like the better choice unless you intend to used Canon 58mm wide angle
    or telepoto add on lenses. With either adapter you can them add a quality
    protective filter if you believe in their use or just mount a threaded lens
    hood of your choice. Many types of lens hoods are available including rigid
    aluminum, plastic or extendable rubber hoods.

    Note that a lens hood will block the built-in flash coverage & some of
    the image through the viewfinder so use of the LCD will most likely be
    required. This filter adapter tube also provided considerable protection
    for the protruding lens as well.

    I have a Canon G2 & I always keep a 52mm LensMate filter mount & a HOYA
    HMC UV filter on it at all times for lens protection & to keep dust & etc.
    out. Yes this makes the camera more bulky but I find it to be a good trade
    off.

    This is just an option for you to consider, the choice is yours.

    Respectfully, DHB

    "Len Bryan" <lennyb@telus_spamblock_.net> wrote in message
    > I've used a lens hood whenever possible on cameras I've used over the

    years. One

    DHB, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Len Bryan

    Len Bryan Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:39:16 GMT, "DHB"
    > Might want to check out LensMate:
    >
    > http://www.lensmateonline.com/g3.html

    <snip>

    > This is just an option for you to consider, the choice is yours.
    >
    > Respectfully, DHB

    Thank you very much for the link. They have a great site and a variety of
    products that can be directly compared.

    It's exactly what I was looking for.

    Some scenes I encounter require a hood and I can live without part of the
    viewfinder in those situations.

    Thanks!

    Len Bryan
    Len Bryan, Jan 29, 2004