    I have pre auto focus minolta rokkor lenses.
    Can I use these with the Sony Alpha DSLR on manual focus mode?
    Help will be appreciated.
    oldtoppie, Aug 6, 2006

  2. oldtoppie

    Kevin Agard Guest

    oldtoppie wrote:
    > I have pre auto focus minolta rokkor lenses.
    > Can I use these with the Sony Alpha DSLR on manual focus mode?
    > Help will be appreciated.

    I believe that it's a different mount.
    Kevin Agard, Aug 6, 2006

  3. oldtoppie

    Guest

    Kevin Agard wrote:

    > oldtoppie wrote:
    > > I have pre auto focus minolta rokkor lenses.
    > > Can I use these with the Sony Alpha DSLR on manual focus mode?
    > > Help will be appreciated.
    > >

    > I believe that it's a different mount.

    Yes, it uses the (former) Minolta Dynax/Maxuum lensmount.
    It is mechanicaly incompatible with manual focus Minolta lenses.
    There are adapters, but because both the AF and MF Minolta lensmounts
    share the same mount to sensor/film distance, they must incorporate
    optical elements to achieve infinity focus.
    , Aug 7, 2006