    someone Guest

    what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it just
    sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.
    someone, Sep 27, 2003

  2. someone

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tak it off the string and put it in your pocket. No dangle, no getting in
    the way.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    Tony Spadaro, Sep 27, 2003

  3. someone

    Clanger Guest

    Velcro........small piece on cap.......small piece on body

    Clanger, Sep 27, 2003
  4. someone

    RustY© Guest

    "someone" <> wrote in message
    > what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it just
    > sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    Dump the string but put a white or yellow sticker on both sides of it so
    that you can find it again. I often just toss mine aside if I need to take
    a quick shot either onto the floor or into my bag. Another yellow sticker
    on the front of the camera above the lens gives models something to look at
    without making them feel nervous about looking into a lens ( often works for
    me ).
    --
    For Welsh Military Flying visit .......
    RustY©, Sep 27, 2003
  5. You could just throw it away. I doubt if most people will do this, and
    frankly I have lens caps on all but one of my cameras, but it is a real
    option.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 27, 2003
  6. someone

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:46:41 GMT, (someone) wrote:

    >what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it just
    >sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    I don't mind the dangling.
    Just pretend it isn't there until you need it.

    Ms.Jaime
    Ms. Jaime, Sep 27, 2003
  7. someone

    JK Guest

    "Ms. Jaime" wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:46:41 GMT, (someone) wrote:
    >
    > >what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it just
    > >sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    > I don't mind the dangling.
    > Just pretend it isn't there until you need it.

    Interesting philosophy. Some men would like to do this with the wife. :)

    JK, Sep 27, 2003
  8. > what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it just
    > sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    I stick mine in my pocket.
    Randall Ainsworth, Sep 27, 2003
  9. someone

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:05:13 -0400, JK <> wrote:

    >Interesting philosophy. Some men would like to do this with the wife. :)

    Any man in that situation should seriously rethink the whole marraige
    thing then.

    Why be married if you prefer to ignore your spouse?

    Ms.Jaime
    Ms. Jaime, Sep 27, 2003
  10. Get a tiny piece of velcro and stick it to the bottom of the camera. Or
    stick it in your pocket as others have said.

    Grace Frehley, Sep 27, 2003
  11. someone

    NJH Guest

    "someone" <> wrote in message
    > what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it just
    > sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    I agree with you, but if it weren't dangling there most people would lose it
    sooner or later.

    So with my cameras with dangling lens caps I let 'em dangle and put up with
    the annoyance. With my cameras with non-dangling lens caps I am very careful
    about not losing 'em, but this is something extra to worry about.

    I have a couple of lens capless cameras (MInolta DiMAGE F300 and Xt) with
    those nifty little motorized shields that cover the lens when the camera's
    turned off, and this seems an ideal solution as long as they don't break.
    But of course these are only practical with physically small lenses.

    Neil
    NJH, Sep 27, 2003
  12. someone

    JK Guest

    It was a joke. Didn't you see the :) ?

    JK, Sep 27, 2003
  13. someone

    Rina Guest

    Stuff it in a pocket... I've been known to stuff mine in my bra! Sorry
    guys, you'll have to find another suitable spot...

    The only time that I almost lost the cap, I stuffed the cap into my bathing
    suit top and forgot it when I jumped into the ocean waves.

    Granny Geek
    --
    Please respond to the newsgroup, mail from this account is deleted unread

    Rina, Sep 27, 2003
  14. someone

    EF in FL Guest

    > what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it just
    > sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    Hold it in your left hand with the camera.
    EF in FL, Sep 27, 2003
  15. someone

    Kenny Guest

    "someone" <> wrote in message
    > what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it

    just
    > sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    Only rank amateurs and tourists have their lens caps attached on a bit
    of string. Keep it in your pocket.

    Kenny
    Kenny, Sep 27, 2003
  16. Stand on your head it wont be in the way then

    David Stubberfield, Sep 27, 2003
  17. someone

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:48:44 -0400, JK <> wrote:

    >It was a joke. Didn't you see the :) ?

    I did but I was tired and wasn't thinking.
    Sorry for the comment but it is my opinion.

    Ms.Jaime
    Ms. Jaime, Sep 27, 2003
  18. someone

    Bystander Guest

    But then, his photos will all be upside down! ;-)

    Bystander, Sep 27, 2003
  19. someone

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    On 27 Sep 2003 20:37:22 GMT, Bystander <> wrote:

    >But then, his photos will all be upside down! ;-)

    Flip the camera over. :)

    Ms.Jaime
    Ms. Jaime, Sep 27, 2003
  20. someone

    Eigenvector Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message

    > "someone" <> wrote in message
    > > what do you do with the lens cap after it is taken off the lens? it

    > just
    > > sorts of dangles there and gets in the way.

    > Only rank amateurs and tourists have their lens caps attached on a bit
    > of string. Keep it in your pocket.
    >
    > Kenny

    How's that?
    Eigenvector, Sep 27, 2003