    about such an adaptor for the optio S?

    All the best,

    Julien
    Julien G., Oct 6, 2003

  2. Julien G.

    EktarEd Guest

    "Julien G." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > new here.. I have a Pentax Optio S and would like to adapt wide angle
    > lenses (Kinko) to it (despite its small size). I know Tiffen or CKC
    > power make custom adaptor for small digital camera using the tripod
    > bottom screw (eg. the s100 adaptor from CKC power). Does anyone know
    > about such an adaptor for the optio S?
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > Julien

    First let me say that I think this would be a disaster. I am at a loss as to how
    the camera could focus with say even the smallest of Kenko WA lens accessories
    on the front of the Optio-S. IMHO it would only be a matter of time more than
    likely seconds before something failed in the camera body. The Optio-S I believe
    uses a complex system where the lens retracts and drops down to maintain such a
    small size.

    Good luck !
    EktarEd, Oct 7, 2003