    viewing angle, but I have no idea what TN is for?

    Thank you in advance ...
    , May 28, 2007

  2. Mr. Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anybody know what the abbreviations TN and WVA on the Thinkpad
    > MultiView / MultiTouch X60 series stand for. WVA sounds like wide
    > viewing angle, but I have no idea what TN is for?

    Is Google down?
    Mr. Arnold, May 28, 2007

  3. WhzzKdd Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Does anybody know what the abbreviations TN and WVA on the Thinkpad
    >> MultiView / MultiTouch X60 series stand for. WVA sounds like wide
    >> viewing angle, but I have no idea what TN is for?
    >>

    > Is Google down?

    LOL!

    Just for kicks, I went to IBM's info pages on that model, and neither
    acronym showed anywhere. Maybe the OP should have posted the link he was
    looking at.
    WhzzKdd, May 28, 2007
  4. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anybody know what the abbreviations TN and WVA on the Thinkpad
    >>> MultiView / MultiTouch X60 series stand for. WVA sounds like wide
    >>> viewing angle, but I have no idea what TN is for?

    >> Is Google down?

    > LOL!
    >
    > Just for kicks, I went to IBM's info pages on that model, and neither
    > acronym showed anywhere. Maybe the OP should have posted the link he was
    > looking at.

    The TN models are only legal in TN (Tennessee). The WVA models are only
    legal in WVA (West Virginia)...

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, May 28, 2007
  5. WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Is Google down?

    >> LOL!
    >>
    >> Just for kicks, I went to IBM's info pages on that model, and neither
    >> acronym showed anywhere. Maybe the OP should have posted the link he was
    >> looking at.

    > The TN models are only legal in TN (Tennessee). The WVA models are only
    > legal in WVA (West Virginia)...

    Or they only work there. A universal model adds 20% to the price.
    WhzzKdd, May 28, 2007
  6. Mr. Arnold Guest

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Does anybody know what the abbreviations TN and WVA on the Thinkpad
    >>> MultiView / MultiTouch X60 series stand for. WVA sounds like wide
    >>> viewing angle, but I have no idea what TN is for?
    >>>

    >> Is Google down?
    >>

    > LOL!
    >
    > Just for kicks, I went to IBM's info pages on that model, and neither
    > acronym showed anywhere. Maybe the OP should have posted the link he was
    > looking at.

    Well, Google was up and maybe this is what TN means.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display#Twisted_nematic_.28TN.29

    People post to these NG(s) with questions like this and are too lazy to go
    look it up.
    Mr. Arnold, May 28, 2007
  7. Guest

    , May 28, 2007
  8. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:
    >
    >>People post to these NG(s) with questions like this and are too lazy to go
    >>look it up.

    > Or worried, I googled for an 11 year old boy yesterday and just knew
    > there a file being started on me, if not already :}
    >
    > My result:
    > http://bumpshack.com/2007/05/25/1051-pound-boar-killed-by-11-year-old/

    OMG! That is HUGE!
    WhzzKdd, May 28, 2007