    Veronica Guest

    How long is each of the MCDST exams? Can you take them both in one day?

    Is it all just Q&A or are there handson parts now?
    Veronica, May 23, 2006

  2. Veronica

    CocoaNut Guest

    Good questions. I was wondering about the length, too.

    Regarding taking both the same day (if it is possible): Could be good if you
    are sure you know the material, because people and MS cert. books have
    said/written that there is lots of overlap between the tests; so if you know
    some stuff for one test and take the other test the same day, you'll likely
    remember important overlap material.
    However, it may not be a good idea to take one right after another: taking
    the first test may give you a good understanding of what you'd need to learn
    better of the overlapping material. You could study that stuff, and then take
    the other test, say, the next day. That way, you could get a feeling of the
    material.

    Also, a related question: Does anyone also know if it's possible to take a
    test more than once (you would have to pay more than once)?

    --CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 23, 2006

  3. Veronica

    LnkWizard2 Guest

    "CocoaNut" <> wrote in message
    > Good questions. I was wondering about the length, too.
    >
    > Regarding taking both the same day (if it is possible): Could be good if
    > you
    > are sure you know the material, because people and MS cert. books have
    > said/written that there is lots of overlap between the tests; so if you
    > know
    > some stuff for one test and take the other test the same day, you'll
    > likely
    > remember important overlap material.
    > However, it may not be a good idea to take one right after another: taking
    > the first test may give you a good understanding of what you'd need to
    > learn
    > better of the overlapping material. You could study that stuff, and then
    > take
    > the other test, say, the next day. That way, you could get a feeling of
    > the
    > material.
    >
    > Also, a related question: Does anyone also know if it's possible to take a
    > test more than once (you would have to pay more than once)?
    >
    > --CocoaNut

    Yes, it is possible to take both tests in the same day but
    it is not recommended that you do this.

    As to the content, there is info available at the Microsoft.com website.
    One should learn to research answers to more difficult questions
    if you are planning on bgetting into the IT field.

    Going back to doing research, a simple perusal of the various Microsoft
    certification newsgroups would show that, yes, you can take the test
    more than once as long as you are willing to part with the money.
    Lets face it, if you fail you'd have to take the test over. If you pass
    why would you want to waste the $125 to take a test you have already
    passed, that is unless you are planning on cheating or breaking the NDA.

    BTW, if you are caught cheating or breaking the NDA you lose all your
    certs and a barred from ever taking any MS cert test ever again.
    LnkWizard2, May 23, 2006
  4. Veronica

    CocoaNut Guest

    Thanks, LnkWizard2. Regarding taking the test(s) multiple times, I would only
    have a reason to do that if I did not pass the first time (although I believe
    I will pass). Just trying to gain some background info. Even in MS books, I
    can't find a single source of informatoin with basic answers like these.

    --CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 23, 2006