  1. sagapojmd

    sagapojmd Guest

    I started these certifications without any previous experience in the IT field besides anything self taught. I was just curious what the average length of time was for finishing the MCSA(classes and tests) and MSCE.

    sagapojmd, Jun 6, 2004

  2. sagapojmd

    Consultant Guest

    4.7 years

    Consultant, Jun 7, 2004

  3. sagapojmd

    ME Guest

    please state this in months. I can't figure out 4.7 yrs = ? months

    ME, Jun 7, 2004
  4. sagapojmd

    Consultant Guest

    55

    Consultant, Jun 7, 2004
  5. sagapojmd

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > 55

    I believe it's 56, Inestine.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 7, 2004
  6. sagapojmd

    Frisbee® Guest

    Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    >> 55
    >>

    > I believe it's 56, Inestine.

    I wish you old people would quit driving so slow.

    --
    Fris "Or at least get out of the fast lane" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    Frisbee®, Jun 7, 2004
  7. sagapojmd

    ME Guest

    so it is:
    4.7 yrs = 48 month (4 yrs) + 7 months (.7 yrs) = 55 months
    ????

    ME, Jun 7, 2004
  8. sagapojmd

    Consultant Guest

    correct

    Consultant, Jun 7, 2004
  9. sagapojmd

    ME Guest

    excellent. I used the formula and discovered 4.12 yrs = 60 months (48 +12)

    ME, Jun 7, 2004
  10. sagapojmd

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "ME" <> wrote in message
    > excellent. I used the formula and discovered 4.12 yrs = 60 months (48

    +12)

    Not if those months are Februarys.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 7, 2004
  11. sagapojmd

    Lee Brewer Guest

    It depends on real life situations. With no hands on experience but using
    Self Test, Exam Cram, VM Ware, and eval software, it took me 18 months to
    get A+ (both exams), Net+, 210, 215, and 218. Then again, I'm married with
    a 4 year old (T-ball, soccer, football, all that jazz) . 4 more exams for
    MCSE, but with the hardships involved in trying to get into IT, I'll
    probably never see it.

    Lee Brewer, Jun 8, 2004
  12. sagapojmd

    Todd Lonzo Guest

    I have been working in IT for 7 years. The last 3 and a half in networing. I started my MCSE 2003 track in June of 2003. I received my MCSA in December. I just passed 70-297 to complete my MCSE 3 weeks ago

    Good Luck

    Todd Lonzo, Jun 9, 2004