  1. Sentiw

    Sentiw Guest

    How long does this course take?
    Sentiw, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Sentiw

    T-Bone Guest

    "Sentiw" <> wrote
    > How long does this course take?

    Longer than it takes to make your question coherent and then look it up on
    google. So you might as well get started with that.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Sentiw

    Guest Guest

    Which course? 2261 or 2262?

    FFS RTFM!!!!!!!

    The answers you require are here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.as

    Let me know if you want me to come round, click on the
    link, scroll down the page and read the info out loud to
    you. In fact, why don't I just take both exams, Tippex out
    my name on the certification and hand deliver it to you to
    save you the effort of actually engaging your brain one
    iota. You're going to make one hell of an MCDST.

    Guest, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Sentiw

    Doom Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Which course? 2261 or 2262?
    >
    > FFS RTFM!!!!!!!
    >
    > The answers you require are here:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.as
    >
    > Let me know if you want me to come round, click on the
    > link, scroll down the page and read the info out loud to
    > you. In fact, why don't I just take both exams, Tippex out
    > my name on the certification and hand deliver it to you to
    > save you the effort of actually engaging your brain one
    > iota. You're going to make one hell of an MCDST.

    I see T-Bone's presence in this NG is paying off.
    Doom, Nov 26, 2004
  5. Sentiw

    T-Bone Guest

    "Doom" <> wrote
    > I see T-Bone's presence in this NG is paying off.

    Yes, strong in the force, this one is.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Nov 26, 2004
  6. Sentiw

    SJ Guest

    If you mean "paying off" by discouraging discourse and not providing
    useful information, you're right.

    It's one thing to attack MCSE's for not knowing the basics, but
    beginner's don't know the basics. That's why they ask some basic
    questions. MCDST is a basic and beginning certification. Attacking
    them for asking certainly isn't the way to encourage more
    participation.

    More, it seems to be encouraging other's to choose an attack mode
    instead of a helpful mode.

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Nov 28, 2004
  7. Sentiw

    SJ Guest

    Five days.

    This is assuming you want to take the two courses (2261 and 2262) that
    map to the two required tests for MCDST.

    Someone else posted the requirements link which is good. More, you
    might like to read Microsoft's full story on the certification
    www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/

    Admittedly, it's a little tainted with Microsoft's perspective, but it
    does give you a fully idea of the certification, who it's for, courses
    to take, where to find them, and ultimately how to get certified.

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Nov 28, 2004
  8. Sentiw

    Guest Guest

    I didn't mean to attack the poster or start a fight and I
    did provide the link giving the info they required. I
    consider myself to be a beginner; I have not been in the
    industry long (less than 18 months) and have just passed
    the 272. I spent some time looking at the MS site,
    googling on MCDST and reading what other people thought
    here before posting.

    The value of this newsgroup ought to be the facility to
    share opinions and experiences of the MCDST, not for
    people to ask questions that they could answer themselves
    with a little work.

    Guest, Nov 29, 2004
  9. Wow - you must lead an interesting life!!! I'm surprised you haven't
    bothered to point out the poor guys typo yet!

    Brighton Rocks, Nov 29, 2004
  10. Sentiw

    Doom Guest

    "SJ" <> wrote in message
    > If you mean "paying off" by discouraging discourse and not providing
    > useful information, you're right.
    >
    > It's one thing to attack MCSE's for not knowing the basics, but
    > beginner's don't know the basics. That's why they ask some basic
    > questions.

    They are at the stage in their career where they should be taught self
    reliance. Teach a man to fish and so forth.
    Doom, Nov 29, 2004