Leica to release and affordable camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Eric Stevens, Apr 2, 2010.

  1. Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens Guest

    Eric Stevens, Apr 2, 2010

  2. Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:49:07 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-04-01 21:16:36 -0700, Eric Stevens <> said:
    >

    >> See the following URL
    >>
    >> http://enticingthelight.com/2010/04/01/leica-to-release-an-affordable-camera/
    >>

    >> Eric Stevens

    >...er let's see.
    >
    >"I have a friend, who is married to another friend. He heard stuff from
    >some mysterious German. Now the friend heard something else through
    >underground radio. Now I have this theory, which I feel is supported
    >because he had heard all of this from a Leica Canada contact who would
    >reveal nothing."
    >
    >The photo of the camera looks like a mocked up M9 to me.
    >
    >April 1, 2010 is almost over.

    I'm not certain.

    "Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2010-04-02 03:47:00"

    If its meant to be April 1, its a near miss.

    Eric Stevens
    Eric Stevens, Apr 2, 2010

  3. Eric Stevens

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Apr 2, 2010
  4. Eric Stevens

    Bruce Guest

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 05:42:02 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >On 2010-04-02 01:48:17 -0700, Bruce <> said:
    >
    >> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:49:07 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://enticingthelight.com/2010/04/01/leica-to-release-an-affordable-camera/

    >> April Fool.

    >Yup.
    >Eric certainly was. You might have noticed I tried to give him the clue
    >in my post.

    I'm sorry, I thought my reply was to the OP, not to you. I was in too
    much of a rush before today's wedding, now thankfully over except for
    my assistant who is covering the evening's celebrations on her own.

    ;-)
    Bruce, Apr 2, 2010
  5. Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 05:39:43 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2010-04-02 01:36:26 -0700, Eric Stevens <> said:
    >
    >> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:49:07 -0700, Savageduck
    >> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> ...er let's see.
    >>>
    >>> "I have a friend, who is married to another friend. He heard stuff from
    >>> some mysterious German. Now the friend heard something else through
    >>> underground radio. Now I have this theory, which I feel is supported
    >>> because he had heard all of this from a Leica Canada contact who would
    >>> reveal nothing."
    >>>
    >>> The photo of the camera looks like a mocked up M9 to me.
    >>>
    >>> April 1, 2010 is almost over.

    >> I'm not certain.
    >>
    >> "Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2010-04-02 03:47:00"
    >>
    >> If its meant to be April 1, its a near miss.

    >...er no.
    >He was right on target. You managed to post it here on April 1, 2010,
    >and you got sucked in with the story. You are in NZ after all and your
    >posting time here in California was 2010-04-01 21:17:42. The IDL
    >spoiled the joke for you.
    >All it means is you got to it late. If you read his actual post date in
    >the blog entry you might have got the clue.

    I wasn't going by the date when I got it. I was going by the date
    embedded in the script which generated the page.

    Eric Stevens
    Eric Stevens, Apr 3, 2010
  6. Eric Stevens

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Apr 1, 11:16 pm, Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > See the following URL
    >
    > http://enticingthelight.com/2010/04/01/leica-to-release-an-affordable...
    >
    > Eric Stevens

    Another April Fools joke (completely OT, but it was fun):

    I got the cervical spinal nasty epidural injection today.

    Afterwards, with two doctors and two nurses hovering over me:

    "You OK, Nick? How are you feeling"

    [looking at my left hand as if it were a dead frog]

    "Well, I dunno ..

    "It felt, like, really cold for a minute and then and then...and now
    [pinching my hand really hard] and now I can't feel anything. I can't
    feel my hand at all! What did you guys do?! I can't feel my hand!"

    There was a precious moment of silence where the doctors just looked
    at each other. Oh gawd they must have been shitting themselves.

    But I couldn't let this go on for more than a few seconds. I am not
    that cruel.

    One of the doctors finaly said, "Well..."

    APRIL FOOLS! I announced.

    I don't think they were as amused as I was.

    In fact, I don't think I should return to that clinic under the same
    name.

    --
    YOP...
    Nervous Nick, Apr 3, 2010