Leica lens on Panasonic subcompact - any good?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sammy, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. Sammy

    Rob Morley Guest

    In article <>, Frank ess
    says...
    > Rob Morley wrote:
    > > In article <dXmei.4551$tB5.4269@edtnps90>, m II
    > > says...

    > >> It is NOT used on plurals.
    > >>

    > > I think maybe you need to recalibrate your irony meter.

    > http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

    As I said ...

    Rob Morley, Jun 23, 2007
    1. Advertising

  2. Sammy

    Paul Furman Guest

    Frank ess wrote:

    > Really
    > grates on my nerves, like "differnt than". Ick.

    You mean "different then"

    Paul Furman, Jun 25, 2007
    1. Advertising

  3. Sammy

    Frank ess Guest

    Paul Furman wrote:
    > Frank ess wrote:
    >

    >> Really
    >> grates on my nerves, like "differnt than". Ick.

    > You mean "different then"

    your write

    Frank ess, Jun 25, 2007
  4. Sammy

    Guest

    Leica V-LUX3 a "CLONE" of a Panasonic DMC-FZ150K ?????????

    I found information about the Japanese made Leica lenses how these lenses take 40 minutes for each element to be
    individually ground, polished and tested then the 1 to 4 coatings are added,(this camera has 14 lens elements) on
    Lieca made imported machines, whereas the Panasonic models use mass production techniques on there own machines to
    a (minimum) Leica spec but with there own coatings including the own brand Panasonic
    Black Box Nano surface coating,parts and picture processing firmware (Pannyuses its own Venus engine) for both have large
    differences as do the CCD qualities and manufacturing tolerances the CCD's are made by different manfacturers the ones for
    the Leica brand are all tested,differences in lens quality and coatings andfirmware make the better colours and less
    abberations @ wide apertures.

    The V-LUX3 is 22 grams heavier again due to the noticeable extra build quality of all metal
    and Elecro-mechanical parts thats why Leica give a full unlimited 2 year gaurantee against the 1 year panny.
    The Leica comes with Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Preiere Elements10 that would cost £150.

    Then finally resale value (average second hand)
    Panasonic DMC-FZ150K £205
    Leica V-LUX3 £350

    So there you have it identical apart from a "red badge" !!!! and street cred!

    You can always tell a Leica ,By the way it takes pictures - and by the pictures it takes

    , Feb 14, 2013