    <http://wlug.org.nz/LegoMindstorms>.

    The NXT_Python toolkit is really handy. I used it to build this
    <http://github.com/ldo/nxtcmd>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 3, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <hkav3e$6sl$>, ldo@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand says...

    > The NXT_Python toolkit is really handy. I used it to build this
    > <http://github.com/ldo/nxtcmd>.

    404 Not Found

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Feb 4, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > In article <hkav3e$6sl$>, ldo@geek-
    > central.gen.new_zealand says...
    >
    >> The NXT_Python toolkit is really handy. I used it to build this
    >> <http://github.com/ldo/nxtcmd>.

    > 404 Not Found

    Works for me, bAZZ

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Feb 4, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <4b6a6977$>,
    says...

    > bAZZ wrote:
    > > In article <hkav3e$6sl$>, ldo@geek-
    > > central.gen.new_zealand says...
    > >
    > >> The NXT_Python toolkit is really handy. I used it to build this
    > >> <http://github.com/ldo/nxtcmd>.

    > > 404 Not Found
    > >

    > Works for me, bAZZ
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Yep it is now for me too.

    It promted me to dig out the lego. We have a web cam that came with the
    mindstorm sets that is still going strong. Must be at least 8 or 9 years
    old and still in my sons room with some ungodly sculpture of bits of
    lego, bionicles, and mindstorm bits sitting with his laptop.

    They had heaps fun with those kits and the robosapien bots too. There
    was a good strong hacking community with the robos. We had fun making
    the flamethrower and nail gun addons LOL. Dunno who was worse, me or
    them with crazy ideas. Big Kid came out LOL.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Feb 5, 2010
  5. In message <hkav3e$6sl$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > The NXT_Python toolkit is really handy. I used it to build this
    > <http://github.com/ldo/nxtcmd>.

    I figured out the sound file compression. I can now convert between .rso
    sampled-sound files (both compressed and uncompressed) and .wav format.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 5, 2010
  6. In message <-september.org>, bAZZ
    wrote:

    > It promted me to dig out the lego. We have a web cam that came with the
    > mindstorm sets that is still going strong. Must be at least 8 or 9 years
    > old and still in my sons room with some ungodly sculpture of bits of
    > lego, bionicles, and mindstorm bits sitting with his laptop.

    Did you do much programming? It’s breathtaking the number of different
    language options, build tools, custom firmware and other odds and ends that
    hackers have built. I’m impressed with how supportive Lego have been of
    open-source efforts.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 6, 2010
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <hkkv84$13r$>, ldo@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand says...

    > In message <-september.org>, bAZZ
    > wrote:
    >
    > > It promted me to dig out the lego. We have a web cam that came with the
    > > mindstorm sets that is still going strong. Must be at least 8 or 9 years
    > > old and still in my sons room with some ungodly sculpture of bits of
    > > lego, bionicles, and mindstorm bits sitting with his laptop.

    > Did you do much programming? It?s breathtaking the number of different
    > language options, build tools, custom firmware and other odds and ends that
    > hackers have built. I?m impressed with how supportive Lego have been of
    > open-source efforts.

    No, used the efforts of other ppl. At time we used the work others had
    done. Hoped the boys might have gotten interested in doing their own
    experiments but all they wanted was the addons and wanted them NOW!
    Typical lazy teens :)

    Yeah good to see a compnany embrace the users of their products. Pity it
    doesn't happen more often in big wide world of software/hardware
    products.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Feb 9, 2010
  8. Oh, and I named my NXT controller “Norbertâ€. Anybody care to guess why? :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 10, 2010
  9. In message <hkav3e$6sl$>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > The NXT_Python toolkit is really handy. I used it to build this
    > <http://github.com/ldo/nxtcmd>.

    I just found out that .ric graphics files must be uploaded as “linearâ€
    (contiguous) files, otherwise they cannot be drawn. I have added a --linear
    option to the upload command.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 15, 2010