    This copy can't be legit, can it?

    Thanks, in advance.

    smackedass
    smackedass, Jun 9, 2007

  2. smackedass

    MF Guest

    "smackedass" <> wrote in message
    news:Fexai.390$Ar5.276@trndny01...
    > Hi,
    > I know this is probably a stupid question, but here goes...
    >
    > I ran across a copy of MS Office 2003 that does not prompt for an
    > activation
    > key during any point of the install, and consequently does not prompt to
    > be
    > activated online (or over the phone).
    >
    > This copy can't be legit, can it?
    >
    > Thanks, in advance.
    >
    > smackedass

    Please forward it to me. I have to examine it thoroughly so I can give you
    a definitive answer.
    MF, Jun 10, 2007

  3. smackedass

    Mister Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:42:13 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >(My apologies to anyone offended, but this message is cross-posted from
    >microsoft.public.office; the post to that group went up yesterday,
    >surprisingly, there have been no respondents, so I'm trying here...)
    >

    >Hi,
    >
    >I know this is probably a stupid question, but here goes...
    >
    >I ran across a copy of MS Office 2003 that does not prompt for an activation
    >key during any point of the install, and consequently does not prompt to be
    >activated online (or over the phone).
    >
    >This copy can't be legit, can it?
    >
    >Thanks, in advance.
    >
    >smackedass

    It could be a corporate volume license version. I don't remember
    activating the installs at my office after installing them. I just
    had to enter the key code, but no activation. If it is a volume
    licensed version, it will report back to MS. every couple of months.
    and if they see that there are more installs (or product being used on
    that license) then licenses purchased, it will be "deactivated". At
    least that is what I had read on their website.
    Mister, Jun 10, 2007
  4. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    > It could be a corporate volume license version. I don't remember
    > activating the installs at my office after installing them. I just
    > had to enter the key code, but no activation. If it is a volume
    > licensed version, it will report back to MS. every couple of months.
    > and if they see that there are more installs (or product being used on
    > that license) then licenses purchased, it will be "deactivated". At
    > least that is what I had read on their website.

    This one didn't ask for a key, code, either. Pardon my insufficient proper
    terminology...

    What I wrote was:

    I ran across a copy of MS Office 2003 that does not prompt for an activation
    key during any point of the install, and consequently does not prompt to be
    activated online (or over the phone).

    END of what I wrote

    Thanks,

    sa
    smackedass, Jun 11, 2007
  5. smackedass

    smackedass Guest

    > Please forward it to me. I have to examine it thoroughly so I can give
    > you
    > a definitive answer.

    Now, what does MF stand for?? ;)

    sa