    service for a small fee per downloaded show.

    So far I have only found fraudulent enterprises which offer such things
    (like this one: http://www.247downloads.com/)

    Sigi Rindler, Aug 18, 2005

  2. "Sigi Rindler" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > Does anybody know of an enterprise that operates a website where people
    > can download US or UK TV shows, sitcoms, etc. legally for a fee?
    > I saw this arrangement in Germany where a company was providing such a
    > service for a small fee per downloaded show.
    >
    > So far I have only found fraudulent enterprises which offer such things
    > (like this one: http://www.247downloads.com/)

    The BBC are planning to offer some BBC shows via the net, but when they will
    do this, and if there will be a charge - I don't know.

    You can view some TV shows via Winamp media player. But these are quite
    restricted to how many can view - and the quality isn't great.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Sigi Rindler

    droog Guest

    It is one of the reasons I believe tv/movie/music companys are idiots.
    There are none that I am aware of that are legal,
    So like most, I resort to bittorrents to watch episodes I missed,
    or to just see somthing i've never seen before.
    Someone just posted 4 seasons of Black Adder, heard it's
    good. :)
    If these companys would offer shows for somthing reasonable,
    like a dollar or 2, or small fee for unlimited they would make
    some money. But its always been porn and the underground
    who has led technology.

    droog, Aug 18, 2005